Sundown X and Z Series

Hey guys I'm new to the forums and was wanting to add a subwoofer to my truck. I have a 2012 Dodge Rams 1500 Sport and was looking to add 1 12" sub. I needed some help understanding the X and Z series lineup from Sundown and help me choose what is best for my needs.

All the subwoofers I talk bout will be ran at rated or slightly above rated RMS. I understand that the X line is meant for the lows like about mid 20hertz to high 30hertz. I read a lot that this subwoofer does not like the highs and wanted to know what range of hertz that is. I don't listen to decaf or anything slowed and chopped. Just regular music which is rap.

I heard the Zv3 is a daily woofer and does it all from good lows and highs but cant do as well the X on the lows.

The Zv4 is like the X and can do the lows the same and if not even better as well as its more musical and can do the highs better.

I guess what I am looking for is a woofer that can play regular music and can get loud on the lows and highs. So what do you guys think is best suited for me?

Hey guys I'm new to the forums and was wanting to add a subwoofer to my truck. I have a 2012 Dodge Rams 1500 Sport and was looking to add 1 12" sub. I needed some help understanding the X and Z series lineup from Sundown and help me choose what is best for my needs.
All the subwoofers I talk bout will be ran at rated or slightly above rated RMS. I understand that the X line is meant for the lows like about mid 20hertz to high 30hertz. I read a lot that this subwoofer does not like the highs and wanted to know what range of hertz that is. I don't listen to decaf or anything slowed and chopped. Just regular music which is rap.

I heard the Zv3 is a daily woofer and does it all from good lows and highs but cant do as well the X on the lows.

The Zv4 is like the X and can do the lows the same and if not even better as well as its more musical and can do the highs better.

I guess what I am looking for is a woofer that can play regular music and can get loud on the lows and highs. So what do you guys think is best suited for me?
ssa xcon on 2500 rms is what you are looking for. Plays everything musically magnificently and loud.

Without any other information I personally would say ZV3. Sounds like you're prepared to run 1500 watts and the ZV3 won't leave you missing the higher end that most music plays in. This is so enclosure dependent though.

I really like the X series but only thing holding me back is it cant play the higher notes I guess and I would want to know what higher notes that is. Could anyone tell me a song and tell me what note in that song it cant hit.

When I had my X-10, it really made me miss my old fi q, ED 13.av2, Obsidian, and AA Havoc //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif ....It couldn't keep up with R&B, pop, country, rock, and even some rap. I would always have to listen to decaf so I was like F**k it! Got rid of it then got me a 15 XCON and it's all good now.

When I had my X-10, it really made me miss my old fi q, ED 13.av2, Obsidian, and AA Havoc //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif ....It couldn't keep up with R&B, pop, country, rock, and even some rap. I would always have to listen to decaf so I was like F**k it! Got rid of it then got me a 15 XCON and it's all good now.
Weird I can listen to anything with my woofers

You had 1 10"? How big was your box and what was your box tuned to?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.