Sundown X-10 wiring help

ajstanleyy

Alright I guess you can say Im a newb at this stuff but I just ordered a Sundown X-10 and an SAE-1500d amp to power. Im thinking im wanting to wire it to 2ohm (i think the best) so i can get good use out of the full 1500w. Im wondering what guage wire i should run from my battery to my amp and from my amp to the sub? Im really looking for deep deep lows. Thanks In advance for any help! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

i assume your sub is a dual 4 ohm version? if so, you will wire in parallel for 2 ohms.

buy a 1/0 power wire kit with fuse at battery. ground amp with 1/0. upgrade battery ground with left over 1/0.

the box you use will determine how the sub can sound. where you put the sub determines what you hear from the box. both enclosure and placement are just as important (if not more) than the selection.

The sub I ordered is actually the 2 ohm version. Does that mean I can just straight wire it and it will be that 2 ohms I want?

I built a box today with the specs from sundowns website. I'm pretty good with the mechanical side of things it's when I start messing with electronics where I mess up.

I'd wire it 1 ohm if I were you. You'll get more power the lower your impedance. If you haven't already got a good box get a hold of cscstang he builds awesome stuff for good price.

Those x series subs come in either d2 or d4 ohm. When you ordered it, did it give you a choice and you pick it or do you even know?

I bought the sub from woofersetc online store. It is the D2 version. How do i go about wiring it to 1ohm? And also i have seen things that say do not use the terminal cups but rather use the binding posts that just go straight through the wood? Any thoughts on these?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.