Sundown Whine and Surge

Participant count
  • Participant list

CranberryYumYum
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
bought a 1200d from a forum member in december 2009. hooked it up to verify that it was working in my buddy's car, but it whined pretty badly. all the cables were properly run. about a month ago i built a box and bought a sub and installed them in my truck. the amp has the same whine it did when i bought it and i also noticed has an "power surge", like there's faulty wiring. and yes, the amp is what is whining. i thought it was just the songs we played to test it but apparently not. i relocated then replaced the power cable replaced the ground and relocated the ground with no change. when playing, it's almost like the bass knob was turned down and at random times turned up to max. well that's not the case because the bass knob that came with the amp does not work either. i've tried running it with and without the knob hooked up and the result ends up the same every time. i switched it to my dad's car and it did the same thing yet again. amp is running at 4 ohms tuned with a multimeter every time.

messaged the user and asked if he had that problem before. he stated that when it was cold it did whine a little. i told him it will be a while before i can use it in my application. he said that's fine and let him know when that happened and we would talk then. well i messaged him and he hasn't logged on for five months.

what do i do? in multiple applications it did the same thing so even if i didn't have the common sense to run wire i know for a fact the other two vehicles were set up and worked with their systems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.