Sundown vs kicker

I paid that for 1 12:rage: of course, I bought before Kicker thought dropping their prices on high end gear was cool, and even the interwebz was expensive on Xs
i got a good deal on my 4 12 xs because i got the 2 ponies and 8 hc2400s and a vehicle with them. but i got used d2 coils and new d4 coils with mine so i have multiple options. i think im going to see if i cant fit a box and both ponies into my maximas trunk and run both ponies full tilt on 2 of the 12s to see what i can throw down for a number....trunk is gonna get a little full. i think i can get 1 solid burp off both amps with 5 fully charged hc2400s

I got mine from a dealer in a small town about 2 hours away. No one would buy them from him because no one could read his ad's being he NEVER posted them in a major city. So when I got in touch with him he was asking 900 but time and gas that I would be putting into them he lowered the price for me. Pretty nice guy, and I know for a fact these 18's will kill my old L7 4 15" setup lol. Especially when I can actually afford to power them lol :-/ I will never go back to lower Kicker again. With me I am sort of where you are.. it's the solo x's or I'm moving on. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i dont understand why everyone says that about the warhorses. i have a 99 blazer with stock alt out of a different chevy truck (185 amp) and 7 of my hc2400s in. i am running 2 warhorses at 2 ohm on 4 solo x 12s. i cant go full tilt for too long but i have not charged by batts in a while and i can still play 3/4 volume while driving around for at least 20 minutes....thats the longest i have played for so far. the subs still arent fully broke in yet and they get warm and have that new kicker stank. but these 2 horses with 8 hc2400s and a 240 amp alt with 4 solo x 12s was a daily driver for almost 2 years.....no -problems ever with it! cones/coils held up and batt support was never an issue. ive seen this and im doing it so i no kicker is a little overboard when saying that. also i looked in the manual and it says 8 800ca batts. which barely compares to 2 1/2 to 3 2400s. they basically say 8 crappy walmart batteries. and i can play full tilt for about 3 minutes without charging my batts. after i charge im actually good for a while its just my alt cant charge fast enough for long long playing but i can street beat just fine.

just saying they dont take as much as i expected from what people say.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.