Sundown vs. Addictive Audio

You might be overthinking the whole sounding good part when you are about to throw 4.5kw at them. There is this point where Sq kinda gets tossed out the window because you are covering your ears anyway and it feels like your head is in a vice. And then you say "God ****, this sounds great, I can really distinguish the tonality of the is 155db 40hz bass line that is making my vision blur."
Thats a great feeling. usually only the first week of having your setup. Afterwards its not loud at all anymore and your ears and body get completely acclimated to it and it becomes meh whatever. A lot of people nowadays are used to 160s. Just because others cant handle the pressure to discern tonality doesn't mean people who are numb to pressure cant.

The best sounding "loud" setup i heard was probably my teamates truck. 2 xcon 15s on a bc5500. Setup did about 154 at headrest, yet was very linear and smooth. Subs still played accurate and detailed.

I sometimes agree with the loud isnt sq notion, but that isnt always the case.

I tried for years to make loud sound good. While it sounded good for being loud it didn't sound good.

130db is the limit. Anything past that and the ears are stressed. Mid bass can't keep up and if you add more mid bass now you have phase and delay issues. Now loud and clean is something else.

I tried for years to make loud sound good. While it sounded good for being loud it didn't sound good. 130db is the limit. Anything past that and the ears are stressed. Mid bass can't keep up and if you add more mid bass now you have phase and delay issues. Now loud and clean is something else.
Agreed 100%

Local had a 1st gen fix and later a 2nd gen.... combined they must have blown 4 or 5 times.
I guess thats why they call them "the fix"

No thank you
Pretty much this. Those "fix" amps were notorious for catastrophic failure and what's worse is that they'd generally blow themselves up beyond the point of repair and needed the whole board replaced. It's astounding the company survived those.

You might be overthinking the whole sounding good part when you are about to throw 4.5kw at them. There is this point where Sq kinda gets tossed out the window because you are covering your ears anyway and it feels like your head is in a vice. And then you say "God ****, this sounds great, I can really distinguish the tonality of the is 155db 40hz bass line that is making my vision blur."
I doubt he is playing music on anything that could make 155 with a pair of 12s, but your point is valid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.