Sundown Subs

So after much thought I've decided I wont get the JL W6's. Ive been looking into other brands and heard really good things about the Sundown SA12. I have a few questions about these. How will the SQ sound compared to the W6 and will it be louder? Also any amp recommendations was looking at the Sundown 1200D or the RF T1500BDCP. Any other amps you can recommended. Any dealer on here that can give me prices? Lastly, any other woofer you guys can tell me that's better and louder? Only looking to run 2 12's and 600-750RMS per woofer.

The SA is a very solid performer in that price range, it's hard to beat it without spending more money. The SSA GCON and Incriminator Lethal Injection are also very nice subwoofers in that price & performance group.

I really like the Rockford BDCP amps. They put out constant power (hence the CP) at 1-2 ohms, which is a very nice feature. They can be pretty expensive, though.

The SA is a very solid performer in that price range, it's hard to beat it without spending more money. The SSA GCON and Incriminator Lethal Injection are also very nice subwoofers in that price & performance group.
I really like the Rockford BDCP amps. They put out constant power (hence the CP) at 1-2 ohms, which is a very nice feature. They can be pretty expensive, though.
So what you say it will sound better and be louder than a W6?

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Here's a link to "the other forum". It has refurbished Sundown subs for great prices. Just email jacob about what you want and send money by paypal. All recones were done by sundown and the sub is guaranteed to work when you get it. I plan to get my next sub(s) this way.
Refurbished Sub-Woofers @ Sundown - Car Audio Classifieds
Not looking for refurbished. Want a brand new one

By the Link I meant its a authentic place to purchase it? Or is it better to email sundown and order it that way. So 2 12" wired to 1ohm on the RF T1500BDCP should slam much harder then 2 12 W6 on JL 1200/1? Also in the future I plan on getting 2 12 Sundown X. Maybe off the Sundown 2500D or RF 2500BDCP

SSA is an authentic place to purchas them. denim is an SSA rep on the forum, so you could probably PM him.

The SA's on the RF will outperform the JL setup. For the money, I don't think the JL set up is the best option. I like what you're thinking for upgrades too. I've got an X-10 right now, but will probably be getting some Z4 10's or 12's in a month or so. Gotta upgrade electrical first..

Alright. So is this a link where I can use or do I Have to email? SoundSolutionsAudio's Online car audio store! Best prices, products and customer service. Fast shipping to US, Canada and More!!
Also since the RF amp will more like 1700-1900RMS would the SAs be able to take it?
Yep, SSA is a great store with great customer service, Aaron will take care of you.

The SAs will be fine on that amp, their 600w rating is pretty conservative. Just make sure to set your gains properly so that you're not sending your subs a clipped signal.

The Jl's should sound better, assuming you put them in the right enclosure. The sa is no slouch, it will be louder. The refurbs from sundown will have a completely new top half, save yourself the money and buy them. I highly doubt you will see the motor anyway. I also love the bdcp amps but you can get better for the money. Don't pay retail for those, if you do, you should have gotten something else.

I have 2 SA-12's on a cheap Rockford Prime 1200 watt amp and they sound great, get quite loud, and play all the way down to 25 Hz quite nicely. I highly recommend them. As for power handling, I am hoping to drop a SoundQubed 2200 or a Crescendo 2000 (2250W) on them towards the end of the year. So they'll handle what you'll throw at it, just be sure you have the electrical for 1000+ watts RMS.

And as mentioned, SSA is an excellent place to buy. I will certainly be making many more purchases from them. That is where I bought my SA's from, however I recommend the refurb option to get them at a killer price.

I have 2 SA-12's on a cheap Rockford Prime 1200 watt amp and they sound great, get quite loud, and play all the way down to 25 Hz quite nicely. I highly recommend them. As for power handling, I am hoping to drop a SoundQubed 2200 or a Crescendo 2000 (2250W) on them towards the end of the year. So they'll handle what you'll throw at it, just be sure you have the electrical for 1000+ watts RMS.
And as mentioned, SSA is an excellent place to buy. I will certainly be making many more purchases from them. That is where I bought my SA's from, however I recommend the refurb option to get them at a killer price.
So you have the same setup I want to get with similar power rated amp. How big is your box before any displacement and bracing and stuff? and whats it tuned to? Should I go with Sundown specs and go with 4cubic ft box tuned to 34 hertz?

So you have the same setup I want to get with similar power rated amp. How big is your box before any displacement and bracing and stuff? and whats it tuned to? Should I go with Sundown specs and go with 4cubic ft box tuned to 34 hertz?
Couldn't tell you the volume before displacement. However, it finished at 4 Cubes tuned to 32 Hz. For some reason it really loves 28 Hz. I cant remember the dimensions off the top of my head either but its roughly 34 length x 14 wide x 22 tall. I also have 45s in every corner and on the port walls. YOu'll need plenty of bracing because those things do move a good bit of air around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.