Sundown Subs

I'd do the Sundown Xs. DDs are overpriced. I went to a local shop that sells Sundown and one of the guys let me hear his 2 12" Xs in his Dakota. They were LOUD. He had a Zapco 5000 goin to them, so he had about double rms goin to each. Not necessary to give them that much power, but it tells you what kinda power they can take.

The W6s are caplable of being just as loud as the SA and will sound so much better. They are US built and hold more SQ titles than any other sub.
I don't know how much better a W6 could have sounded than my SA 8. It has an extremely linear suspension, and the box is really important to spl and sql. I heard the W6's don't like as much power as SA's too. Do they even hold more titles than W7's?

I don't know how much better a W6 could have sounded than my SA 8. It has an extremely linear suspension, and the box is really important to spl and sql. I heard the W6's don't like as much power as SA's too. Do they even hold more titles than W7's?
They are the number 1 SQ woofer ever made. Power is not everything

They are the number 1 SQ woofer ever made. Power is not everything
Right, power isn't everything, but do the W6's have more titles than the W7's? You said they hold more SQ titles than any other sub. I guess I can understand that if the W6 has been around longer.

Right, power isn't everything, but do the W6's have more titles than the W7's? You said they hold more SQ titles than any other sub. I guess I can understand that if the W6 has been around longer.
The W7 is not a true SQ woofer the W6 is. You dont see many W7s in true SQ cars

When it comes to SQ its about the refrence line. Look at ID, the Q is better in SQ than the IDMAX. The ID MAX is the top line.
Yea, everyone talks about the ID MAX because its the loudest. I don't hear much about the Q or SQ

I can tell u that the ssa gcon is the way to go. The g con sounds AMAZING. absolutely beautiful blending from low to high frequency. It really all depends on if u want more sound quality or more just loud. Enclosure is the key. Do not slouch on your box. I have ran alot and the w6 is no joke. Had 2 12s in a custom sealed box back in 99 on a rockford 600 ask anyone that was in my car it sounded amazing. I say try the gcon if u really want something different that wont dissapoint.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.