Sundown SIA3500 Amp Problem

Because I've checked the wiring and it never happens when I'm doing a demo. It happened twice while my truck was off. It went into protect right when I started my truck. And when I installed the new amps everything was fine. Down4Sound even took a video of the amp blinking in protect and told me that I didn't do anything wrong.
So there you go. So long as the retailer/Sundown is willing to make good on warranty I'd say your money was well spent. I wonder what the rate of defects is on SIA lineup?

I'm wondering what my problem is I have a SIA 3500 amp an when I start car it runs through the lights when it starts up then just stops on protect light an doesn't start up an just keeps doing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm wondering what my problem is I have a SIA 3500 amp an when I start car it runs through the lights when it starts up then just stops on protect light an doesn't start up an just keeps doing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Look up how to get an amp out of protect mode. It has worked for me in the past.

I love the guys who cheeped out or paid a bit more for a "brand" badge and the supposed support that comes with their supposed premium purchase. Fullbridge is cheap power, no dampening and always on the edge of failure. Marketing this chimera is tricky, expect a full 30% return for various reasons. Price a Salt 6 and get back to me... lol.
I prefer known tech like strong half bridge Korean type boards with REAL potential power. Boards that don't fry and premium caps that don't blow smoke, being able to handle low impedance and pretty much require it to make sick power. Then there's the inputs and grounds... (y). There's a simple current/voltage/stability to every amplifier and the good ones are audio crack to those who are in the know. Caps, trace size and thickness are what? Durability and potential power if done right. Extras like 24db/ filters and durable pots are rare... add internal cooling and you get pricing
I suppose its me wanting quality and durability, You'll pay a ton more but will have options over cooling and impedance to make those ratings into reality.
Just an opinion and view from the cheep seats... idk competitors views anymore as I walked away on top of my org/class after 2yr being there.
Who knows?.. nuthuggers on cheep power abound but lemme ask them... am I wrong?

I love the guys who cheeped out or paid a bit more for a "brand" badge and the supposed support that comes with their supposed premium purchase. Fullbridge is cheap power, no dampening and always on the edge of failure. Marketing this chimera is tricky, expect a full 30% return for various reasons. Price a Salt 6 and get back to me... lol.
I prefer known tech like strong half bridge Korean type boards with REAL potential power. Boards that don't fry and premium caps that don't blow smoke, being able to handle low impedance and pretty much require it to make sick power. Then there's the inputs and grounds... (y). There's a simple current/voltage/stability to every amplifier and the good ones are audio crack to those who are in the know. Caps, trace size and thickness are what? Durability and potential power if done right. Extras like 24db/ filters and durable pots are rare... add internal cooling and you get pricing
I suppose its me wanting quality and durability, You'll pay a ton more but will have options over cooling and impedance to make those ratings into reality.
Just an opinion and view from the cheep seats... idk competitors views anymore as I walked away on top of my org/class after 2yr being there.
I appreciate your feedback man really do bit I was just trying to figure out what my problem would be an how maybe I could fix it but I have a jp43 coming now but would still like to know if I'm able to fix the SIA3500. I appreciate everyone's feedback.

Last edited:
I appreciate your feedback man really do bit I was just trying to figure out what my problem would be an how maybe I could fix it but I have a jp43 coming now but would still like to know if I'm able to fix the SIA3500. I appreciate everyone's feedback.
Most amplifiers are repairable, if you want to spend the coin. Shipping kills the deal majority of the time and its more cost effective to purchase a new amp with a warranty as cheap as power is these days imo. Id run the JP and throw the SIA on FB or Ebay for parts and get something out of it. Thats me

Most amplifiers are repairable, if you want to spend the coin.
About a month back I took a full bridge for repair, protect mode. Tech said not to raise my hopes bc full bridge are designed in a cascading design. No idea what exactly that means, but logic tells me if one component fails all following it will fail as well. It was unrepairable. RIP Nemesis.

And my SIA3500 is still going strong and winning competitions. Beating them @ 31 hz. Who wins SPL competitions @ 31 hz.? Me. Full bridge just needs good electrical (except the SFB line).

Most amplifiers are repairable, if you want to spend the coin. Shipping kills the deal majority of the time and its more cost effective to purchase a new amp with a warranty as cheap as power is these days imo. Id run the JP and throw the SIA on FB or Ebay for parts and get something out of it. Thats me
Yea thats what I'll do I have the jp4300 on the way for my zv6 12. Thanks for your help and feedback again I appreciate it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...