Sundown Sa12 questions

Best I could come up with... I'm like a dog with a bone... lol... I always try to get specific.

Looks like it's right at 35hz... I dimensioned the thing, checked volume, redid displacements, used 2 ea. 3" 45's, rechecked port length and modeled it up... this'll do just fine.

I CAN do these... just not my first choice as it is a little extra work... that is a nice design, I'd let it be.

S5Wrw2.jpg

nB3gow.jpg

Hope you found this helpful.

Best I could come up with... I'm like a dog with a bone... lol... I always try to get specific.
Looks like it's right at 35hz... I dimensioned the thing, checked volume, redid displacements, used 2 ea. 3" 45's, rechecked port length and modeled it up... this'll do just fine.

I CAN do these... just not my first choice as it is a little extra work... that is a nice design, I'd let it be.

S5Wrw2.jpg

nB3gow.jpg

Hope you found this helpful.
That’s awesome sir! I appreciate everything you’ve done. Only questions I guess is would you run this box personally? And keep the kerf or slot it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd use it... atm I'm bangin away with a 49hz tuned 4th in the Blazer. Kinda lacks that under 28hz stuff but gets fairly loud at cabin frequency (50hz). Its something different for me but I love it.

As far as the kerf goes I'd do it if you can build it... why not?

Not a super low tune for sure... but good output.

I'd use it... atm I'm bangin away with a 49hz tuned 4th in the Blazer. Kinda lacks that under 28hz stuff but gets fairly loud at cabin frequency (50hz). Its something different for me but I love it. As far as the kerf goes I'd do it if you can build it... why not?

Not a super low tune for sure... but good output.
Awesome! I can always build another if it’s not perfect! Thanks for everything shredder!! I’m gonna start a build thread tonight and keep everything updated there! Starting my build tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
I built an enclosure:

ade78dcs-960.jpg

and it's has a good bass and I was very happy.

Once, after a cold night, I got into the car and turned on the stronger bass and booom:

f7d20dd0-03f3-4483-a1ad-cbc44fb9bee7.png

I chose the sub from https://soundrating.com/best-12-inch-subwoofer/#sundown and there no mention of cons this sub. Be careful. Do not turn on full power until the subwoofer warms up.
Who built that enclosure and how many cubes is it? Looks a little small for that single 12. What amp did you have powering it? Fyi, you don't need to 'warm up" your sub before turning on full blast, kinda like pre heating an oven for baking cookies....that's a myth.

Who built that enclosure and how many cubes is it? Looks a little small for that single 12. What amp did you have powering it? Fyi, you don't need to 'warm up" your sub before turning on full blast, kinda like pre heating an oven for baking cookies....that's a myth.
Built it myself)

Net V - 55 liters

Double front wall