Sundown Sa12 questions

Okay so, trunk dimensions of usually space, are somewhere around 47”wide 20” tall 33” deep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
15ft3 gross?... wow... are you sure that'll fit into the vehicle?.. I've heard of countless occasions where an enclosure was built to "space available" then either hung up goin' in thru the trunk or won't even pass thru the cabin even if the seats are removed for installation.

Better be sure BEFORE something like that happens... lol

Can you post a pic of the cargo area?

15ft3 gross?... wow... are you sure that'll fit into the vehicle?.. I've heard of countless occasions where an enclosure was built to "space available" then either hung up goin' in thru the trunk or won't even pass thru the cabin even if the seats are removed for installation.
Better be sure BEFORE something like that happens... lol
That’s true I didn’t even think to measure the trunk opening[emoji24]

That’s true I didn’t even think to measure the trunk opening[emoji24]

Thats correct, and make sure a given height and depth will drop in past the trunk lip as well, the rear deck will interfere if height is too high combined with too much depth.

You would be surprised if you put those AB DXs in a proper ported box. I'm building a box now for some DX 12s, they modeledup near flat from 23hz-70hz in 4.5cf tuned to 31hz. They will play on a level thats about 9/10 of what the SAs will do. They are very capable drivers.

Definitely be careful with the rear deck drop, and the various openings. I have an SA-12 in a ~1.8cuft box that takes up way more space than it needs to because it doesn't clear the rear deck, and I was too stupid to check that before hand.

Currently plotting to spend some $ to get a set up that will bang equally hard but take up less usable space.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Oh, and I will have a pristine condition SA-12 D4 coil I can part with if OP is interested.

Definitely be careful with the rear deck drop, and the various openings. I have an SA-12 in a ~1.8cuft box that takes up way more space than it needs to because it doesn't clear the rear deck, and I was too stupid to check that before hand.
Currently plotting to spend some $ to get a set up that will bang equally hard but take up less usable space.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Oh, and I will have a pristine condition SA-12 D4 coil I can part with if OP is interested.
I appreciate it but I just bought two

Find out what'll fit in your vehicle and I'll try to help out.

w0GRrO.jpg

9OFsgj.jpg

GFD849.jpg

TiEbRn.jpg

I happen to have a few more designs as well... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx man... IDK about "the man"... lol... it's just something that happened once unemployed. I'm just trying to help... and got too much time on my hands apparently.

How much power do you think you have?... I think 68in2-81in2 of port (dependent on power) tuned just a little lower, and maybe just a little smaller... (at 5ft3 net or just under) is gonna closer to what you probably need. Are you set on a 35hz tune? Personally I'd shoot for 4.5ft3 net, 68in2-72in2 of port tuned to 32-33hz... but that's me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JobtownS

JobtownS
Columbia, S.C.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Smith777