Sundown Sa12 questions

Okay, so currently I have 2 American bass Dx 12’s in a prefab Sony reflex ported box wired to a MB Quartz onyx 1550.1D with 12 gauge OFC stinger wire and a 4 Ga Tspec OFC wiring kit, supplied by a wave tech LineD Hi to Low line driver so I could keep the stock head unit in my 2017 Camry ( sorry if I’m rambling or not making a whole lot of sense) Anyway to the point, I’m going to get 2 sundown Sa12’s tomorrow and I was wondering if I could just pull the American bass’ and drop in the sundowns, will that amp be enough? I know they are rated at 600 rms but I also know they are hella power hungry and under rated. Should I run them at 1 ohm? To get the full 1500 Watts our of the amp? Box Ideas? The D2 or D4??? PLEASE HELP haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That amp can probably make 1-1.2k clean which is adequate. The box is your weak link
Yea I’m thinking of trying the build sundown has on their site for the “recommended box” any advice on whether to get the 2 or 4 ohm?

if amp is 1 ohm stable yes u diff need all the power it has, i'm not sure that amp really does 1500 but if nothing else it'll work until u upgrade later.. make sure u get d4 ohm subs to wire to 1 ohm.. @shredder2 on here has a few dual sa box designs already done if u know anyone that could build it.. maybe he'll come by and show one to u.. if not if u can give them about 1.8-2cf ad (after wood, port and sub displacement) per sub they'll be good..

[quote name='BOOMINGRANDPA']if amp is 1 ohm stable yes u diff need all the power it has, i'm not sure that amp really does 1500 but if nothing else it'll work until u upgrade later.. make sure u get d4 ohm subs to wire to 1 ohm.. @shredder2 on here has a few dual sa box designs already done if u know anyone that could build it.. maybe he'll come by and show one to u.. if not if u can give them about 1.8-2cf ad (after wood, port and sub displacement) per sub they'll be good..[/QUOTE]

So definitely go with the 4 ohm? Reason I ask is I’ve came across a D2 for 175 with a 1500 watt planet audio amp?

So definitely go with the 4 ohm? Reason I ask is I’ve came across a D2 for 175 with a 1500 watt planet audio amp?

u can only run that single sub at 4 or 1 ohm., so u wouldn't be able to wire 2 of them to 1 ohm.. get d4 and wire each to 2 ohm that makes 1 ohm load. DON'T BUY PA AMPS!!

Awesome, this is the amp I’m running now.
1c6a8aff5f6e3719b500ce3ebc2bd3f5.jpg

Whats the space between the wheelwells and what'll fit thru the opening on a 2017 Camry?.. I'm not sure offhand myself.

TiEbRn.jpg

Might that fit?... lol

Possibly haha, I’ll measure in the morning and shoot some ideas out there, so, just so everything’s clear as mud, keep the amp I’ve got(for now) keep the wiring kit and speaker wires? Get (2) sa 12’s d4 Rev3 and build a new box?

I like how list price and our price are the same. (Should be different)

Please tell me you didn't pay almost 500 bucks for a 1500 watt amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JobtownS

JobtownS
Columbia, S.C.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Smith777