Sundown Sa12 questions

So going with the used ones wouldn’t be a good idea? There isn’t any audio shops around me that’s open and I want them today haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll never tell a man how to spend his money so that's up to you. One thing I can tell you though, don't be in a rush. Been there done that and spent more in the end.

I got some E 10's through the yard sale and one had the smallest nick in the basket and the other has a slight voice coil tick. Perfectly fine for my setup. Sundown is very strict so do not let B stock scare you, it is literally a brand new sub that has been tested and has a cosmetic "flaw." Refurbs are reconed in house, tested, and fully guaranteed. Again, do what you are comfortable with. The SA's will treat you well.

I got some E 10's through the yard sale and one had the smallest nick in the basket and the other has a slight voice coil tick. Perfectly fine for my setup. Sundown is very strict so do not let B stock scare you, it is literally a brand new sub that has been tested and has a cosmetic "flaw." Refurbs are reconed in house, tested, and fully guaranteed. Again, do what you are comfortable with. The SA's will treat you well.
Yardsale stuff is "supposedly" under b stock.. that said, both my amps, and all 3 sa-12s work perfectly, with minor scratches on the motors from the yardsale.

Edit: its been a few years, but iirc, the "suggested box" for the 2 sa 12s is 3.7cuft @ 33hz. Thats the box in my avatar. Inverting the subs, makes the box 3.8 cuft @ 32hz.

I love my sa's! went and bought a 3rd lol!

https://i.imgur.com/JXeISsH.jpg

Yardsale stuff is "supposedly" under b stock.. that said, both my amps, and all 3 sa-12s work perfectly, with minor scratches on the motors from the yardsale.
Yeah the yard sale stuff can be any condition lol. But it looks like most of it is cosmetic stuff that they don't want to sell as b stock

Yea I’m thinking of trying the build sundown has on their site for the “recommended box” any advice on whether to get the 2 or 4 ohm?

tbh, i listen to mostly rebassed music.. and the recommended box is a " one size fits all." I like the low lows.. The sa's are bad a55 woofers for what they are but i see they work well in bigger boxes when underpowered.

rated 750watts rms x 2 +1500rms.

If you want to achieve full potential of these 2 subs, you need a 2.5 or 3k amp. What im saying is even if you wire to 1 ohm load, "box rise" will kill your output. Best to look at a 1 ohm amplifiers ratings and see what it does at 2 ohms. cause thats what youll most likely see at the end of the day.

And, if you go the that route, then you need to look at electrical so you dont burn out your awesome new equipment.. Down the rabbit hole you go!

I’ve got my amp pushing 1630 now with the two sa’s wired at 1 ohm

how did you calculate that? Did you have a meter measuring voltage, and a clamp measuring amperage(my meter does both at same time)? Volts/amps= Impedance.

I’m thinking about going the prefab route with the box.... q bomb?

you will be disappointed. You can have the Best subs, powered by the Best Amplifier, and sound WEAK in the wrong box. IMO, there is NO good prefab box. its SO EASY to make your own if you have a saw and a drill! or, know someone that does! You could even design your own, and pay a local buddy to make it!

BTW, it dont get much easier than marks tutorial.. if you cant follow this for reasons being "aint nobody got time for that!" or " i have way too much money" then by all means, open up your wallet and guess whether or not you sub sounds like it should!

Fair enough, guess I know what tomorrow’s project is, any more specs for me? Or designs?

What are you max dimensions? not overall demensions, but what can slide into your vehicle?

Double check the vid i posted. itll hold your hand and walk you through the math. stupid simple!

Edit: all you need it Titebond wood glue, and a few screws, and a sheet of 3/4 mdf.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JobtownS

JobtownS
Columbia, S.C.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Smith777