SUNDOWN SA OR FI ALPHA 12 FOR 930RMS (2ohm). yes tahoe here we go again..

The big 3 is the FIRST thing you should do when putting an amp in your car.
i got no voltage problems something like 13.5 at amp when systems running.. my new agm has 13v with car off.. someone else here said their amp is ran like mine power wire from fuse box under hood (it's like 1 ft from battery) it has a great bolt spot already and thats how lots of peeps do it.. so i'd have to cut factory terminal off replace it with one long enough to reach stock wires (just longer than normal short terminal) believe me i've thought of it.. after i get it done then i got a bunch of naked power wires 2" from radiator and pulley (terminal is covered now)

dude for months ya'll been yelling at me to get better box get rid of prefab., when i ask about subs this time all i hear is u gotta get a better box (u said it yesterday or day before) now that i'm trying to do that like everyone has said (maybe this dude on offer up can do it idk) but now i ain't even got with box guy yet and everyone already with the running at 1 ohm and big 3.. god.. i'm trying to get better box, to get better sub and have always said big 3 is a pain on my car or i woulda done it already (my amp ain't even ran off my battery) that was big reason for picking my amp it does 80% of it's power at 2 ohms, so i didn't have to worry about upgrading wires..
You're the one that started a new post about what sub to get. Lol

Things to do before you get a new sub. (since you can't seem to get it a done at once)

1. Big 3

2. Choose a sub (a smart person would get one that can wore to 1ohm)

3. Build box to spec for said sub

4. Buy sub that box is designed for

5. Install new sub in new box and bang like a mofo

I've seen 1,000 clamped go through some Wal mart scosche 5gauge... A good 4ga will handle all that amp has to give because you won't be seeing even 1k after rise and all the other variables. A true ofc 4ga is just fine

i got no voltage problems something like 13.5 at amp when systems running.. my new agm has 13v with car off.. someone else here said their amp is ran like mine power wire from fuse box under hood (it's like 1 ft from battery) it has a great bolt spot already and thats how lots of peeps do it.. so i'd have to cut factory terminal off replace it with one long enough to reach stock wires (just longer than normal short terminal) believe me i've thought of it.. after i get it done then i got a bunch of naked power wires 2" from radiator and pulley (terminal is covered now)
What year Tahoe do you have or what vehicle are you working with?
Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Im just tired of seeing the same post over and over. IDK if john kunt was worse or not. Hopefully that fucktard isn't coming back cause both of them would be horrible.

The tick isn't noticeable with all 4 playing. Just when we free aired them to test them.

The price on the SCV7500 is great. I just wonder if its a trade in item or damaged.
There are two of them so that would make sense //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I wish this yard sale came over december when I have money to actually spend.

The big 3 is the FIRST thing you should do before putting an amp in your car.
Fixed, and agreed.

I strongly suggest this to anybody adding anything to their car, SUV, etc. Those little itty bitty wires from battery to alt and ground wires are only so big to support the factory electrical. Adding any car audio may cause issues if the big 3 isn't done 1st, and done properly with good quality OFC wiring and good connections. I should do a write up tutorial on the big 3. But there's so many done, I guess I don't feel the need to.

What year Tahoe do you have or what vehicle are you working with?
Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
yeah 04 gp, pic in gallery.. it does 14.6v or so at idle.. my 4 ga is 13 yr old thin stuff, that y i say if i go doing big 3 i'd have to up that too and that how it cost $,, where as i have NO electrical problems now and i don't want any for 200 more rms not worth it..

You're the one that started a new post about what sub to get. Lol
Things to do before you get a new sub. (since you can't seem to get it a done at once)

1. Big 3

2. Choose a sub (a smart person would get one that can wore to 1ohm)

3. Build box to spec for said sub

4. Buy sub that box is designed for

5. Install new sub in new box and bang like a mofo

I've seen 1,000 clamped go through some Wal mart scosche 5gauge... A good 4ga will handle all that amp has to give because you won't be seeing even 1k after rise and all the other variables. A true ofc 4ga is just fine
dude, scoche is professional stuff!!!!

dude, scoche is professional stuff!!!!
It can definitely get the job done. In my town all we really have is Wal mart so if I'm helping a kid with a smallish system we use those kits. They are copper at least and those rca's have never given me feedback.

If they are going a little bigger we go to a tractor supply and get 4g 2g or 0g welding or battery cable. That's if they don't have time or the know how to get a decent amp kit online. But at nearly $80-100 for a good one, we can usually build one cheaper.

Scosche has good distribution blocks, fuse holders and things like that too. And for a good price e

It can definitely get the job done. In my town all we really have is Wal mart so if I'm helping a kid with a smallish system we use those kits. They are copper at least and those rca's have never given me feedback.
If they are going a little bigger we go to a tractor supply and get 4g 2g or 0g welding or battery cable. That's if they don't have time or the know how to get a decent amp kit online. But at nearly $80-100 for a good one, we can usually build one cheaper.

Scosche has good distribution blocks, fuse holders and things like that too. And for a good price e
i know, i was kidding tho. I do like the distro blocks and fuse holders, kinda hard to screw those up.

Message Frank and see if he has any B stock 750s 12"s He was selling B stock 750 V1s a while ago for $80 each.
well my buddy just ordered fu 1250 15" (i love cone on those btw) for his truck with cab amp.. he trying to get box i found on cl $80 60 miles away best i can guess it'll be 4.8cf ad (seller said 4.25 or so) it's 43"x18x18 but cant see inside port in pics.. he has cancelation issues bad with my old orion hp's told him need sub up port front or back so that's what he's trying with the 15... he was looking at used 15's for $200-400 (hcca was 400) told him get nice new one for less and to look at fu 1250..

So you going to let me build you a woofer?
lol i doubt u could build and ship a sub as good as fu 750 or alpha for that price.. problem is i like to shop so i gotta see it., and specs.. woulda ordered ct strato 1 week b4 this thread if 2 peeps didn't say not to., jeff said it was good so i was gonna buy it, then he said wouldn't be good in my box.. only 1 2016 left $149 and it got sold while i shopped for box., shoulda got that.. still can't get up with guy said he make the box but i think he realized he quoted to low on price $90.. he on that offerup site has his name but no pics of him idk if i trust him anyway.. my neighbor be best option but he's gone all day..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.