Sundown Sa 12 vs. Obsidian 12 vs. Skar vvx 12

I'm trying to fight the urge but it'll be a single sa 10. I say get the sa's honestly. You'll think and think and think and always come back to the sa's

I am sure others can chime in more on this.

But from what most reviews have said and my personal listening experience it depends on what road you want to go down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The SA-12 will plow both the others when it's on the meter and it sounds good doing it.

The OA-12 is probably the middle spot in between both drivers, plays music well and does solid on the meter too!

The VVX-12 is more geared for the daily guy who likes lows and SQ. Won't be as high on the meter though.

All boils down to where you want to go with your build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am sure others can chime in more on this.
But from what most reviews have said and my personal listening experience it depends on what road you want to go down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The SA-12 will plow both the others when it's on the meter and it sounds good doing it.

The OA-12 is probably the middle spot in between both drivers, plays music well and does solid on the meter too!

The VVX-12 is more geared for the daily guy who likes lows and SQ. Won't be as high on the meter though.

All boils down to where you want to go with your build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
My argument is SQ is relative to the listener, and the enclosure will make a massive difference in the overall sound any of the drivers reproduce.

I would say that the OP won't go wrong with any of the three as they will all net results not all the different from each other.

My personal opinion would be Obsidian myself.

Thanks guys for all the reviews I really appreciate it. Well I found a local guy thats selling me two brand new sa12s for 300 couldnt pass up the deal. Well I got a Eclipse Titanium sub with the tc motor for sale now :p i only had it 1month and got that brand new to with the factory box. Post pics later if anyones interested?

Thanks guys for all the reviews I really appreciate it. Well I found a local guy thats selling me two brand new sa12s for 300 couldnt pass up the deal. Well I got a Eclipse Titanium sub with the tc motor for sale now :p i only had it 1month and got that brand new to with the factory box. Post pics later if anyones interested?
Depending which version and price I might be.

Same coil and both use dual nomex spiders....
None of three woofers in question use the same coil, actually. All three are different in length. They are all copper, though.

All three also use a different surround... and different motor / gap dimensions.

Spider is the same across the board, though... of course 100+ drivers have been made with the "RE" spider and a 3" coil and they don't get compared as often *laughs*

None of three woofers in question use the same coil, actually. All three are different in length. They are all copper, though.
All three also use a different surround... and different motor / gap dimensions.

Spider is the same across the board, though... of course 100+ drivers have been made with the "RE" spider and a 3" coil and they don't get compared as often *laughs*
tumblr_lsu9hwGZJ71qixxru.jpg

A pair of any of those for $300 is a great deal. Maliboom pretty much nailed it, from all the experiences I've seen and heard of.

All drivers are musical and will take a good amount of abuse.

The Sundown drivers tend to be chosen most often for very abusive, number chasing set-ups. Personally, I have a single SA-10 on 1200w and love it, and find it plenty musical.

The OA drivers are built tough as well, with a bit more musical goals in mind. Developed with Nick from Stereo Integrity, and Jacob from Sundown. Please correct me if I'm wrong. And they still put up great numbers.

The SKARs are known to be low-end beasts. Still plenty musical, and loud.

I think you couldn't really go wrong with any of the three, they all have slight biases in goals I think, but that could be balanced out with enclosure and install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.