Sundown sa-10d4 questions

subwoofers have different parameters and characteristics. Its complete ignorance to refuse to acknowledge this. You dont just throw a sub in a random box and then go put in a big boy sub in that same box and expect it to work.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

the airspace is 1.2 bigger than sa reccomendations hows it to small? are you saying go bigger than what sundown recommends?
net cubic feet is one thing, port area and dimensions are another. THey always lie about cubic feet anyways.

the airspace is 1.2 which is bigger than sa reccomendations hows it to small? are you saying go bigger than what sundown recommends?
I ran a mm1040d and a re sxx10d4 in it.
The airspace isnt the issue its the tiny *** port area...but since you are severly underpowering the sub id put it in 1.5 cubes after sub/port disp.with around 14-16" of port per cube

so its safe to drop it in a box that big? I had a feeling the ports are to small ****. if you add them they are about 8 inches total so basically I need to double everything?

is running that amp at 2ohm really severely under powering it? im sorry if I sound like im being a jerk im just trying to clarify because I put the thing in a box larger than specs and am amp that put out almost exact rms so are you saying ignore sundowns specs and go larger in every way?

so its safe to drop it in a box that big? I had a feeling the ports are to small ****. if you add them they are about 8 inches total so basically I need to double everything?
Thats not how port area works ..pay someone to design you a box ....i have my tantric hdd 10s in 3.2 cubes ..and 1.5 is a good area especially when underpowering you can get away with a bigger box

Thats not how port area works ..pay someone to design you a box ....i have my tantric hdd 10s in 3.2 cubes ..and 1.5 is a good area especially when underpowering you can get away with a bigger box
so shut my mouth get a real box and things will clear up basically right?

so shut my mouth get a real box and things will clear up basically right?
build it yourself, its cheaper. Sundown has wood cutout sheets. Buy a sheet of wood from lowes or home depot, have them cut the wood for you and take it home, wood glue and screw it together. Get a jigsaw to cut the subwoofer hole. You are done.

Essentially lol ..the right box and u will be happy with it ..the sa is a very versitale sub and i loved mine when i had them ..they just need alot more room to breath than u are giving them
did you feel the sq was there for you when you had them?

Yes for sure .once u get it in the right box and give the suspension a chance to move it wont sound like the same sub
cant wait going to fix this week for sure appreciate the replies and help hope I didn't come off disrespectful to anyone Will post up results after new box for sure.

[quote name='fatboytyler']Hit up @CSCStang or @Boomsday on here for a great box at an even better price.

As for the SA's, my 12's definitely improved SQ-wise over time. Right now, in the proper box, they sound great musically.[/QUOTE]

really appreciate the help :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.