Sundown sa-10d4 questions

I thought this was a pre fab emailed the guy he said they build and carpet these to order. The hz tune is spot on its net is 1.50 after displacement and the port is about double what I have it in now my only concern is If I looked at the schematic correctly it looks like sundown reccomends a port thats 12.5x2 and this one is 12x1.5 is that going to be a serious issue? are the specs close enough?

10" SINGLE 1.50 Cu.Ft. PORTED L-VENTED 3/4 MDF BLACK SUBWOOFER SUB ENCLOSURE BOX

if they make them custom already then you should see if they can build the port larger. you're talking about half an inch, but look at the area. 25 sq inches vs 18 is significant(38% difference). if you're going to spend the money for a custom box get it right, i doubt you want to go through a bad box again lol

I hate sealed boxes so much(no offense) don't know why just always hated the sound I know it contradicts what I want but I've heard a lot of clean ported setups.

I thought this was a pre fab emailed the guy he said they build and carpet these to order. The hz tune is spot on its net is 1.50 after displacement and the port is about double what I have it in now my only concern is If I looked at the schematic correctly it looks like sundown reccomends a port thats 12.5x2 and this one is 12x1.5 is that going to be a serious issue? are the specs close enough?10" SINGLE 1.50 Cu.Ft. PORTED L-VENTED 3/4 MDF BLACK SUBWOOFER SUB ENCLOSURE BOX
he's a lying sack of sh*t thats closer to 1.5 gross not net. Port area is crap too. I know you feel the urge to cheap out but thats a complete noob mistake you should never make again. Box is the most important thing in a subwoofer setup.

extremely expensive for custom I have been quoted from 3 different people ranging from $140-200 is that normal pricing?

email from sundown,

I really truly feel it is the box is too big and the power is too little. You need a net volume of 1cuft. That is after woofer and port displacement. Port area should be 14sqin tuned to 35hz. Amp needs to give out at least 600Wrms but I suggest around 750Wrms to get full potential from the woofer. Hope this helps some.

*Thank You*

Bryan

Sundown Audio

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.