Sundown Audio... Will My amp work?

tbreitinger14

So, I bought a subwoofer on eBay (RF p1-2x12) and the RMS on the subs were 600 watts. So, I did some research for a cheaper amp that was able to put that out. This sony amp got fantastic reviews across the board. Anyways, the seller on eBay backed out after both purchases.. So, now, I ended up getting the SA-12 D4. Which is rated at 600 Watts RMS, but do you think it will still work? I know SA under rates all of their products.

What amp? Just run the sa at 2 ohms and set the gain appropriately. It WILL work, maybe not ideal depending on how much power your amp puts out.

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

The sa's can take about 1200 watts. Assuming it's clean. You can burn that coil up even at 600 watts if it's clipped to hell.

Sorry, I linked the amp. It's a XMZZR3301 Class D Mono Amp. Rated Power: 600W RMS (50Hz 1.0% THD+N, 2 Ohms), Max 1100 at 2 ohms. Thank you for your response.
You already have the stuff, so just hook it up and see. If the amp isn't pushing it well enough, well...the good thing is you're not that invested. Custom box?

Any amp can/will power a sub.

It's really up to the person how much $$ they wanna spend and typically they may/may not have goals in mind.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.