Sundown Audio SFB-8000D or Viking 8K

I'm done with my MD8000 . Such a finiky amp, after repair it still glitches. I'm Done, its a minion

I'm looking at the sundown audio sfb 8000:

https://www.down4soundshop.com/sundown-audio-sfb-8000d/

after my SFB-1000.4 went bad the d4s guys swapped it out on the spot that's why I'm wanting to go back.

Banda Audioparts 8001 tho:

https://bandaaudioparts.com/viking-8001/

hmm...

I’d stick with the SFB-8000d. Just because D4S and Sundown really do stick behind their product.

I have never had an issue with D4S or Sundown if I had an issue. I had my SAM-500.1 issues taken care of immediately.

Banda stuff is pretty decent, but from my experience, the SFB is more reliable. Taramps, in my opinion, are trash. Every single person I have know that had one, they’ve always burned up.

You really can’t go wrong with the SFB-8000. As long as your electrical is up to par and stable, go for it! Plus, you already know Down4Sound will take care of you.

What is the impedance of your subs? What electrical? You may run into the same issues with other amps.

But if I had to pick one of those two I would do the SFB. 2 year warranty when purchased from D4S too.

2 year warranty from SFB no matter who you buy it from. SO no it isn't just those fools that have a 2 year warranty on it. It is Sundown that mandates the 2 year warranty on it.

2 year warranty from SFB no matter who you buy it from. SO no it isn't just those fools that have a 2 year warranty on it. It is Sundown that mandates the 2 year warranty on it.

This is true as long as it's an authorized dealer:

Your new Sundown Audio amplifier is covered by a 2-Year limited warranty if purchased from an authorized Sundown Audio dealer.

All the dealers out there that sell that are Authorized, I have yet to see one that isn't unless it was a private sale and the warranty can transfer that much I know for a fact as long as it is within the 2 year window and they have a copy of the receipt. Talked to them and Apex about it since Apex is in the same building as them.

How about don't buy cheap power...I really think these amps are more for burping and not playing music. You gotta pay $$$ for musical watts. Small amps with big power that are cheap usually = doodoo on music. Why? They lack electrical components that help with things like impedance changes from the sub while it's playing. I need to write a whole thread about why some amps are small and cheap and put out major wattage, but how those same amps can **** on music, because people don't understand what they're buying. I literally hear this all of the time from people. ESPECIALLY if you want lows, you're going to typically be very disappointed with these full bridge amps and some amp designs in general, from everything I've seen with their ratings and hearing the stories from my customers. Big footprint amps that cost a lot of money are that way for a reason.

CONFUCIUS SAY: YOU BUY CHEAP AMP, YOU GET DOODOO POWER

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...