Sundown Audio SA-10 box help

t.j

u.k
Hi I have a Sundown Audio SA-10 looking for some advice?

My max dimensions I can work with are 15" x 10" x 13"

would sealed box work better with these dimensions or ported?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Dan

What is minimum size for ported and see if I can make bit more room.

Also would you say that ported box over a sealed box is worth trying to find extra room?

Dan

I have never used the Sundown audio subs always went for Kicker 15" L7 or Cerwin Vega stroker But I have heard good things about the Sundown Audio subs. This is for my daily driver and I have kids now so didn't want to go to crazy. I am going to run it at 1 ohm with Cerwin Vega Exl 1200 D. should have enough power.

Dan

What is minimum size for ported and see if I can make bit more room.
Also would you say that ported box over a sealed box is worth trying to find extra room?

Dan
1.15 ft3 net and above IMO... that's a.d. of course... 1.3-1.5 net looks to be great... that .93ft3... wow... maybe with a slightly higher tune (35-38hz) and an external 4" port... but it will be long... lol... over 20" easily... and wouldn't go low too well (30hz?)... IDK... I can play with it and see if you want... no predictions tho...

and yes... ported is the way to go

1.15 ft3 net and above IMO... that's a.d. of course... 1.3-1.5 net looks to be great... that .93ft3... wow... maybe with a slightly higher tune (35-38hz) and an external 4" port... but it will be long... lol... over 20" easily... and wouldn't go low too well (30hz?)... IDK... I can play with it and see if you want... no predictions tho...
IDK where you and poolman got .93 Its .76 before sub and port displacements and considering how short the port length has to be with how little airspace, you will get nothing else but a burp box. Its not even enough for a sundown SA 8. He's already going to be struggling with a sealed box that might need polyfill already.

FiOoCE.jpg

IDK where you and poolman got .93 Its .76 before sub and port displacements and considering how short the port length has to be with how little airspace, you will get nothing else but a burp box. Its not even enough for a sundown SA 8. He's already going to be struggling with a sealed box that might need polyfill already.
FiOoCE.jpg
I just read .93... I never checked... never entered the measurements into Torres... duh!

Thanks for the info if you have time that would be great thank you

Dan

Thanks for the info if you have time that would be great thank you
Dan
Jeff is correct... I just flew into looking at it without checking the actual measurements... my bad... boy I'm on a roll today!... don't ask... I'm out

zvmAo9.jpg

I just read .93... I never checked... never entered the measurements into Torres... duh!
When you quote a comment, try to delete the website link of the picture from my comment, it makes the thread A LOT less cluttery with repeat pictures. Excess pictures can actually derail a whole thread.

But yeah nonetheless waaay too little airspace to do jack sh*t.

When you quote a comment, try to delete the website link of the picture from my comment, it makes the thread A LOT less cluttery with repeat pictures.
Like this?

But yeah nonetheless waaay too little airspace to do jack sh*t.
I agree... bad day here... I'm out

Ok what would be optimum box size for this sub ported and I will mess around with space and measurements? I want to get the best out of this sub as it is only 10"

I really appreciate the input thank you

Dan

IDK where you and poolman got .93 Its .76 before sub and port displacements and....
Right on Jeff, thanks for catching that! its been a while since ive been on the site and interested again. i subtracted wall thickness, forgot box have walls on both sides //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.