Suitable wiring for amp?

Briceyboy96

CarAudio.com Newbie
I currently have an auto tek mono amp which gives the following RMS power ratings

• RMS Power Rating:
    • 4 ohms: 313 watts x 1 chan.
    • 2 ohms: 625 watts x 1 chan.
    • 1 ohm: 1250 watts x 1 chan.

I also have a 2 ohm dvc 15” subwoofer ready to go that is currently wired down to 1ohm. My wiring is already ran from my previous setup and is 4 gauge.

my question is:

Would 4 gauge wiring be sufficient for 1250 watts into the sub or is it possible to allow the sub and amp to run at 2ohms? I know wiring in series would give the amp 4 ohms but the sub wouldn’t see enough power in that case.

Thanks!

I'd be confident in 4g at 1250w, but heavier wire will always give better results. What's the sub rated for? Are you maxing out your amp?

I used to power a kicker zx1500.1 on 4g wire. Never had a fire. Like I said, bigger is always better, but you're not going to die.

"4-gauge power and ground wiring is required for installation. Contact us for information regarding a discount on select amplifier kits when purchased together with this amplifier. "

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.