suggestion on good sq subsfor 150 ea?

wierdale24

so i currently have 2 jl 12w3v2 d4 in my car, and i like the loudness but wouldn't mind some more. i found out one of the voice coils is bad and trying to find a 12w3v2 d4 sub is turning out to be hard. so i was thinking of upgrading and changing my subs. im not looking to spend over 150 on each sub. i don't mind used either but i would like to retain the sq of jl or get a little better sq. i was looking at the infinity kappa 120.9w subs as a possible choice. opinions and suggestions greatly appreciated.i am running a jl 500/1 amp currently option to upgrade is there if need be. mostly listen to hip hop electronic music and rock but i do listen to a little bit of everything

so i currently have 2 jl 12w3v2 d4 in my car, and i like the loudness but wouldn't mind some more. i found out one of the voice coils is bad and trying to find a 12w3v2 d4 sub is turning out to be hard. so i was thinking of upgrading and changing my subs. im not looking to spend over 150 on each sub. i don't mind used either but i would like to retain the sq of jl or get a little better sq. i was looking at the infinity kappa 120.9w subs as a possible choice. opinions and suggestions greatly appreciated.i am running a jl 500/1 amp currently option to upgrade is there if need be. mostly listen to hip hop electronic music and rock but i do listen to a little bit of everything
simple, Get a JL slash 1000.1, Get a custom ported enclosure for your subs if you havent already done so.

I was looking at ditching the jl subs i have as reconing them seems like to much work and not worth it as they also need new syrrounds and going with something else. I would like to keep it in a sealed box like the one i have wich has a inside of 1.25 cu ft

You mentioned SQ under $150. The most musical sub I've heard is one of the cheapest, Pioneer Ts-w1200pro. But it's best ported 2 to 3 cubes, tuned at about 30hz to 35hz is pretty darn impressive, doesn't need much power to get very loud. Down side is it doesn't dig much below 30hz.

The Sundown Sd3 is a good SQ sub sealed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.