Suggest Speakers

NamesJay
10+ year member

Hi,

I have a 2000 Toyota Celica and want suggestions on what kind of speakers to get. I'm a newbie so I"m not sure exactly what I should be looking for, but I know I need at least 1 amp and speakers/subwoofers.

So far my system includes a CDA-9835 head unit, with a Sirius satellite tuner and an iPod adapter.

My question is what kind of speakers do you suggest? Ideally I'd like to get all Alpine so I can control everything through my head unit, but I'm open to suggestions.

I have two front speakers (with two tweeters) and two rear speakers.

Which amps should I get?

Which speakers should I get?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

If you have the money to spend, Alpine amps would be great since you can control them through the headunit. They are kinda pricey though, which is why more people aren't using them.

Speakers won't matter if they are Alpine or not, you can't control the speakers at all with the headunit, only the amps.

I am personally against rear fill (having speakers in back) unless they are for rear seat passengers only and only used then. IMO with an adequate front stage, rear fill should not be needed. So, if I were you, I'd focus on a good set of components for up front (ask if you don't know what component speakers are) with a good, decently high powered 2-channel amp. Again, if you have the money, Alpine amps are great and you can control them w/ the headunit (I believe), which is handy and convienent. If you did want rear speakers for rear seat passengers, then just get a decent set of co-axials and power them off of the headunits internal amp.

But, before we can progress, we need to know how much you have to spend. Also need to know what size speakers your car currently has.

Hi,

Answers to your questions:

1) The speakers are 6.5" and the tweeters are 3/4".

2) I'd like to spend approximately $1,000 on speakers, subs and amps.

3) The kind of music I listen to: electronic and alternative rock mostly, but I listen to basically everything with the exception of country music. I listen to classical music also.

4) Clarity is the most important thing, but I also like a good "feel" of bass. I want to feel it :)

Thanks guys for the help,

Jay

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.