Subwoofers Kick out with high bass

Participant count
  • Participant list

rockbasser87932

Ive had 3 10 inch MTX 200 watt in my truck for about 2 years they are hooked to a 500/1 jl audio running 4 ohms been running fine but about a month ago they started cutting out on me during high bass songs. The thing is, is that once i turn the car off and turn it on again they pick right back up. I went over all the wiring think maybe a lose or crossed wire that was shorting it out but all the wires are connected fine. please offer any advice on what the problem could be????

Sounds like amp is going into protect. Could be thermal protect or electrical protect. Should be easy to tell, just look at the amp when it happens. (most have warning lights)

If all your wiring is ok (triple check it... make sure no exposed bare wire anywhere... also check sub connects and tinsels), it's most likely thermal protect.

If your amp is not going into protect, you may have an amp issue.

If nothing else, it will be a good excuse to get rid of those monkey-doo subs you're running.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.