12 subwoofers

Any power that will work for subs picked
Just no shallow subs. Full size only
2500k budget . Going in a tundra
Any other info
Yall just keep gabbing about chains
Lighten up man, it's all in good fun.

Having more to go on than I want a sub that is less than 6" deep heps the forum narrow the focus. Why eliminate shallow mount subs? You came here for advice and there are some very good shallow mount subs on the market that may well perform quite admirably in a given application - ESPECIALLY in a truck.

That said, the "taco box" recommends the following:

Image Dynamics ID12D2

Image Dynamics ID12D4

Image Dynamics IDQ12D2

Image Dynamics IDQ12D4

Good subs that you know will fit and have already been tested.

The company is saying they don't recommend shallow mounts so I understand where you are getting that information. That said, just because they think that is the case doesn;t make it so. Could be that they don't like the the way the ID shallows play in their box, which makes sense given the size of the enclosure and the recommended 30hz tuning frequency.

Why not use the ID subs?

As for amplification (ID subs), you should be looking for something in the 700-1000 watt range. There are probably 8-10 that meet that criteria.

Keep in mind this is a prefab box you are going to use and not designed not conducive to 3000 watt, high powered systems.

These have a top mounting depth of 6"

2 of them would be significantly loud. they handle 800 watts ea. Pair them with something like this

There are many options to explore. 2 cubic feet per driver is a pretty good size. Do you know what the port displacement in this the box is? I'd find out and add it the stuff needed to help you figure out what works best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...