Subwoofers buzzing but playing no music

Participant count
  • Participant list

poweras1
10+ year member

I have 2 alpine mrx m240's on 4 alpine type r's and everything was fine up until I changed the box. When I changed the box i realized some buzzing coming from my subwoofers a week or two in. At that time the music was still playing and I kind of ignored it. When I was looking at my box, I noticed it was on a wire, cutting through the plastic outside of the wire (the wire being the RCA's going from the HU to the amplifiers). I cut the rca wire where it had been stripped and put the wire back together.

Before I had done what I stated above, I added wire to the wire that connects a subwoofer to the amplifier, so I could move the box forward more. But, after I added that wire I checked to see if the subwoofers still played and they did so that can't be a problem.

I checked the ground cables on both the HU and the amplifiers and they are good. I also checked the HU's fuse to see if that was blown and it wasn't. Any help appreciated

poor signal i'd say, try run a new set of rca's to your sub amp, maybe test one amp and two subs at a time to try sort out were your getting this issue from

Sure - nothing to lose there. That was just my best guess. Try to re-splice it and see if it fixes it. Proper RCA splices are difficult to do. Are your cables regular shielded line cables, or are they twisted pairs? If everything is shielded line level signals it is hard to keep the shield in tact when splicing. I hope you are soldering your splice - yes?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.