Need Alternator...

argenis69
10+ year member

SQ Bass Lover
NY, USA
I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima SE, I have 5,000 Rms in amps, and I Need help, Where can I get or order a Good Quality High Output Alternator? How much amperage output is recommended for me to have on the alternator and have no more problems?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
What amp do you have?

But for alts look at DC Power Inc, Singer, Ohio Generator, Mechman

Also going to need some batteries and about 40lbs of wire.

And why are these so expensive, It's there any place cheaper to get?
There are , but like anything else, you can get the expensive one that says 300 and makes 300, or the "other" one that says 300 and makes 120.

You have 5kwrms. You can't tell me you paid less for that than you will pay to power it. Even the cheapest woofers I know can only output that wattage for near a thousand dollars.

270xp will be just fine as it's a VERY strong alt. 3-4 G31 batts in back and you'll be all set. Don't skimp on the alt as your electrical is the heart of the system...

I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima SE, I have 5,000 Rms in amps, and I Need help, Where can I get or order a Good Quality High Output Alternator? How much amperage output is recommended for me to have on the alternator and have no more problems?
Thank you.
i would go with a 270a and some batteries.. go used, thats what i did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.