Subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

phildman14

Hi, Ive been asking kids at school, but no one seems to know. How can i tell that a car deck supports a subwoofer? Pre outs? is there a special port? Im confused and need to know how to tell just by descriptions on the box, not the actual unit. Thanks alot

-Phil

Well.. depends on what you mean by 'support'. No deck I know of has a sub amp built in - you need an external amplifier. You normally connect the amp's inputs to the rear set of preouts. But even factory decks can be used if you run the amp inputs to the rear speakers. So for all practical purposes, ALL decks support subs.

Some decks have 3 sets of preouts, one of them being dedicated to running a sub amp. That would be printed in the spec sheet (or "on the box"). Others have the ability to filter the rear preouts with lowpass filters, but sub amps have that built in so it's not necessary.

I think it's safe to assume you can add a sub to any deck made today.

ford Ka radio, believe RDS6000 has an amp buildin (high = 2u) which gives 180w rds @ 1ohm stable

My girlie has it and it sux... but it does exist //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.