subwoofer

It is supposed to be put near the front i believe. I have my powered sub right behind my bed though and I love it there. I think once I move in my basement I might put it near the front though.

up against a wall or in the corner is best. bass is omnidirectional and should sound the same, but u get better response when it is in the corner. another tip is that you should put an extra layer of sheetrock behind the wall. it'll make the sound less boomy if you have probelms with that (acoustic absorpsion)

i just got a new denon 3805 in silver. it will be up and running when all the sheetrock and painting is finished. whole new home theater system. woohoo. i will let you know how it goes. all my denons in the past have been killer though, so i have high expectations.

I have my sub up front next to the TV. And yes, in a corner is better for sound. 2 subs is even better again! As for the receiver, I know people who love the harmon kardon receivers. I don't think you would be disappointed if you got a harmon kardon 7.1 receiver.

I have my sub up front next to the TV. And yes, in a corner is better for sound. 2 subs is even better again! As for the receiver, I know people who love the harmon kardon receivers. I don't think you would be disappointed if you got a harmon kardon 7.1 receiver.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

I also hear it's beneficial to stack the subs, no joke...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.