Subwoofer with "tuning knob"?

Participant count
  • Participant list

J31Rob
5,000+ posts

CarTune Netwerk
Indiana
Many subs in one The SVS 20-39PC-Plus is the Swiss Army Knife of subwoofers. Flip a switch and pop the top and you can turn your PC-Plus into a low bass producing beast. The grill atop the sub can be removed by prying it off with a flat-head screwdriver. This reveals 3 round ports (holes). The ports can be plugged with foam (included) to adjust the tuning characteristics of the subwoofer. By plugging one or more of the ports, you can allow the sub to play as low as 12Hz. There is also a knob on the back of the subwoofer that adjusts the tuning point to 25Hz, 20Hz, 16Hz, or 12Hz. With so many settings and configuration options, I could truly review the sub against itself over and over. I found the out-of-the-box setting at 20Hz with no ports plugged was optimal for me. Therefore, the review is based on that setting.
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/1/1933.html

Yeah, it's from 2003, but still? A sub w/a "tuning knob"? lol..

Hi Brian:
"There is also a knob on the back of the subwoofer that adjusts the tuning point to 25Hz, 20Hz, 16Hz, or 12Hz."

This knob is actually a user adjustable subsonic filter. Plugging the port(s) is what actually alters the tuning point, and the user then adjusts the subsonic filter to match the tuning point.
Like the 4th response on the page...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.