How does the Banana plug work on Type-R?

Nevalite
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
Hey,

I just got my Type R and I want to run them in prrallel to 2 Ohms...I understand I need to use the banana plugs to go + to + and - to - Then run the wire from the amp to the leftmost negative and the positive to the rightmost clip....

I just dont get how to put the little banana plugs in and have a wire in also?

This is what it looks like when I plug them in:

dsc00038ja6.jpg

And then if I push down the button to plug in the speaker wire they pop out, they cant be plugged in and pressed down at the same time:

dsc00039jr3.jpg

???

You don't have to use the banana plug... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Or you could wire your send from the amplifier into one of the "jumper" banana plugs...

does it matter if you use the "left most" negative and so on for the positive terminal. Wouldnt they be connected so it wouldn't matter which one you used

It's a dual 4ohm sub, it's gonna have two leads on it. Look at a wiring diragram and wire it to whatever ohm load! You also don't need the bannana plug. Just tie the speaker wire together and your set.

-Nick-

It's a dual 4ohm sub, it's gonna have two leads on it. Look at a wiring diragram and wire it to whatever ohm load! You also don't need the bannana plug. Just tie the speaker wire together and your set.
-Nick-
Indeed...

I wouldn't be comfortable using banana plugs on a subwoofer anyway...

i use the banana plus on mine... just push the terminal down and push the plug into the top)like you have it) but you have to push pretty hard to get it down in there all the way, but it does go in like that

I got them in, like you guys said, just needed a little muscle...

So is this right to get 2 Ohm load?

dsc00040mq1.jpg

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I got them in, like you guys said, just needed a little muscle...
So is this right to get 2 Ohm load?

dsc00040mq1.jpg

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I'm not sure how you actually wire the Type R, but that is the correct general idea to get 2 ohms.

OK I checked this is right, Thanks guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.