SUBWOOFER WIRING DIAGRAMS

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a few questions about wiring subwoofers because end up looking at these diagrams wondering if I wired it a certain different way what would the end load be and I can’t seem to find examples of what I come up with that will answer my questions. So I thought I would ask some questions here and hopefully learn some things. I attached a diagram and I was wondering if I had 2 subwoofers wired this way what the end load would be? Mono channel and with each subwoofer wired within itself and not tied into the other subwoofer.

Attachments

• C1BD0A1F-FE27-41DF-8DD8-44EB0E3C2303.png
    C1BD0A1F-FE27-41DF-8DD8-44EB0E3C2303.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 21
I have a few questions about wiring subwoofers because end up looking at these diagrams wondering if I wired it a certain different way what would the end load be and I can’t seem to find examples of what I come up with that will answer my questions. So I thought I would ask some questions here and hopefully learn some things. I attached a diagram and I was wondering if I had 2 subwoofers wired this way what the end load would be? Mono channel and with each subwoofer wired within itself and not tied into the other subwoofer.
Usually the subwoofer instructions have various scenarios for loads. What I did when I had the same question as you, was to do various google searches with my questions and looked at the diagrams. Have you tried this website? Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams for Two 4 Ohm Dual Voice Coil Speakers (the12volt.com)

Yes and I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.
Not sure what you mean when you say "not tied to each other. " If you have a mono amp(one channel), then your wiring will terminate at the one channel connection. I wired 2 DVC, 4 ohm subs in parallel, and got a 1ohm load. If I had wired them in series, I would have gotten a 4 ohm load. Just make sure your amplifier can handle your final load.

Attachments

• 20230125_052319.jpg
    20230125_052319.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 10
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...