SUBWOOFER WIRING DIAGRAMS

I have a few questions about wiring subwoofers because end up looking at these diagrams wondering if I wired it a certain different way what would the end load be and I can’t seem to find examples of what I come up with that will answer my questions. So I thought I would ask some questions here and hopefully learn some things. I attached a diagram and I was wondering if I had 2 subwoofers wired this way what the end load would be? Mono channel and with each subwoofer wired within itself and not tied into the other subwoofer.

Attachments

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Central FL
Reactions: deez283

huberoy123

Delaware
I have a few questions about wiring subwoofers because end up looking at these diagrams wondering if I wired it a certain different way what would the end load be and I can’t seem to find examples of what I come up with that will answer my questions. So I thought I would ask some questions here and hopefully learn some things. I attached a diagram and I was wondering if I had 2 subwoofers wired this way what the end load would be? Mono channel and with each subwoofer wired within itself and not tied into the other subwoofer.
Usually the subwoofer instructions have various scenarios for loads. What I did when I had the same question as you, was to do various google searches with my questions and looked at the diagrams. Have you tried this website? Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams for Two 4 Ohm Dual Voice Coil Speakers (the12volt.com)

Yes and I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.

huberoy123

Delaware
Yes and I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.
Not sure what you mean when you say "not tied to each other. " If you have a mono amp(one channel), then your wiring will terminate at the one channel connection. I wired 2 DVC, 4 ohm subs in parallel, and got a 1ohm load. If I had wired them in series, I would have gotten a 4 ohm load. Just make sure your amplifier can handle your final load.

Attachments

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register now to post new messages.

Already have an account? Log in here.