Subwoofer volume and tunning

pbasura
10+ year member

believe, i've used the search and gone thru a bunch of thread without luck. so i decided to post.

i've been tunning my amp using the dmm method.

my hu is an ida-x305. i set the bass to 0, treble to 0, master volume to where my ears can handle it (around 7/8). now, the hu got also a subwoofer volume. where should i set this one? to max?

I keep all EQ settings to 0 to give the amps as clean a signal as possible.

Let the gain knob on your amp control everything. You can always tweak it later, if necessary.

Dependant on your pre-out voltage....sub volume should not be set to max..unless you want a clipped as **** signal....don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You do realize that volume level 15 is the true 0 dB point on most Alpine head units for the subwoofer output, don't you? Also, everything under 15 is a cut. I blame it on those sneaky Japanese designers.

I like to set it up so that if I get a song thats a bad recording/weaker bass or whatever I can dial up the bass a little more.On my pioneer I have the sub control right around 0 for the most part but it maxes out at 6 so I have a little gain in it. On the other end it goes all the way down to -24 which is kinda weird but whatever.I never get any where near that low sometime -3 at the most.My pioneer ***** for rca voltage though so i usually end up with the gain on the amp a little higher than I would like.I swear it doesn't do anywhere near full rca voltage until 55 or 56 out of 62 on the volume knob.I do have my bass on the decks built in eq at negative 6 though as well because otherwise my interiors are clappin long before my sub even gets going.I really need to amp the interiors instead of using deck power.I'd say if you can set it up to sound good with most songs at like +9 or +12 with your gains at a respectable level you should go for that just so you still have some gain for songs with weaker bass

yep, right now i'm listening my music with the sub volume all the way up and the bass at 4/5. i really have to crank the main volume to get some decent bass, else it sounds stock.

today i tuned up again leaving the bass volume at 10/15 and main volume a bit higher than i would rarely listen to.

i have to crank the gain all the way and it didnt reach the supposed voltage. so i backed it up a bit, and started boosting the bass eq. this one is past the 6db out of 12db.

i get more bass than before but i'm a bit concern with the setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.