AQ3500d at 0.5 ohm daily? for my setup-

Participant count
  • Participant list

shizzzon
10+ year member

I am who you think I am
KY
OK, i think i may end up slappin myself in the face by the time this thread is over based upon what i'm about to go off of so i'll lay it out as to why i'm askin this so u can at least see my point of view before thinkin i'm retarded.

Normally, i would never think of doing this with any amp but came across something the other day and want someone's opinion on this-

the AQ3500d requires a 300A... so that means, in some instances, the amp may be able to draw 300A..

Well, my amps terminals are covered by mt battery floor, therefore i can't measure real-time impedance rise at this time, so what i do is clamp my power line and measure peak draw on my 3500ds.

I have it wired at 0.7 ohms (1ohm nominal) and my maximum current pull per amp is 135.6A on multiple audio tracks.

I have yet to do a test on a sweep but let's say before i try it that the peak was also no higher than 150A...

If this were true... then would i be able to run at 0.35ohms(0.5 nominal) daily based on current pull?

I know it's a terrible way, lol, to think about it like that but when i got time to do a sweep test, if it can't pull half of it's rated maximum current rating then i wouldnt see how 0.5 daily would hurt it?

I know music isnt recorded at full amplitude but sweeps are so if a sweep's maximum pull is under 150A peak.. shouldnt i be fine at 0.5 daily?

Also, in the near future, the electrical would be 18.5 for competition and 14.9 daily with a massive battery bank.

sounds right but i would not do it just to be safe... i meen u could always pop the fuse but what if it jumps by it just for an instance and fries it?? then an amp rebuild?? ouch if that happens.

Sometimes the smaller version of the amp is more overbuilt than the bigger version- Like the original Sundown 1500 and 3k, I believe 2 1500s had more power and much more potential than a single 3k.

i'm gonna do a sweep in a couple hrs from now on peak hold at full tilt and see what i max out at.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.