Subwoofer Upgrade/Change

Participant count
  • Participant list
I think he said later in the thread about running 850 watts rms.
I just saw that now. I guess I missed it, or misread it. No mention of exactly what amp? I know that Kicker 300.1 will do a little more than rated .. but maybe 50-75 rms more. Id run a 1k min as cheap as power is today and be much better in trunk space get some juice in there

Get a 1k mono amp
Power is CHEAP These days.

This is what I would run.. Or pick up an XFL and the CT 2k.

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I am now stuck deciding between the:
Kicker compq (round) 12”
focal e 30kx 12”
rockford fosgate t2s2 13”

Assuming i run it 800 watts what do I get? With those 3 I am not worried about reliability but how it will sound. If that fosgate will have at least the same SQ as that focal or kicker at 800 watts then its easily the choice for me.

If not then its a matter of whether the focal is worth the dollar. I will be keeping this subwoofer long term.

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I am now stuck deciding between the:
Kicker compq (round) 12”
focal e 30kx 12”
rockford fosgate t2s2 13”

Assuming i run it 800 watts what do I get? With those 3 I am not worried about reliability but how it will sound. If that fosgate will have at least the same SQ as that focal or kicker at 800 watts then its easily the choice for me.

If not then its a matter of whether the focal is worth the dollar. I will be keeping this subwoofer long term.

That Fosgate sub is too much speaker for that amp. You should really look at the Fosgate P3 or the Alpine Type R for the power that you are running. You could even look at the American Bass XR. Just being honest with you.

I would run the Kicker sub out of the final mentioned. I would myself run an A.Bass sub as Bobby mentioned, or as I stated earlier for a decent sub stage.

Looks like a good tuning was all my audio system needed. I had a pro and original installer look at it (Sidd from sidds radio in Toronto). I mentioned upgrading subwoofer. He told me for my car there is no point to upgrade the subwoofer as the one I have is perfect for my car. He didn’t even up the gain all the way. It sounds super clean all said and done.

I only wish my back seats folded down instead of just the ski pass. My next car will have to be an suv.

You guys are awesome by the way super helpful. Also check this video of a compq playing. Holy moly skip to 40 seconds:

Looks like a good tuning was all my audio system needed. I had a pro and original installer look at it (Sidd from sidds radio in Toronto). I mentioned upgrading subwoofer. He told me for my car there is no point to upgrade the subwoofer as the one I have is perfect for my car. He didn’t even up the gain all the way. It sounds super clean all said and done.

I only wish my back seats folded down instead of just the ski pass. My next car will have to be an suv.

You guys are awesome by the way super helpful. Also check this video of a compq playing. Holy moly skip to 40 seconds:

Nice!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...