Subwoofer Suggestions for a Large SUV - Details Inside

warriorblaze
10+ year member

I'm just getting back into the car audio scene and would like some subwoofer and amp suggestions for my vehicle. There are so many new brands on the market and so much new technology, I'm completely lost. I want to spend my money on a quality product, not excessive advertising.

Vehicle: 2010 GMC Yukon Denali XL - Factory Bose stereo, stock battery and alternator

Goals: Added bass and depth to the factory stereo, with the ability to turn up the bass and shake the ground a block away //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Preferred system design: 1 - 15" subwoofer in appropriately sized, slot ported box. 1 amplifier capable of pushing the subwoofer, with a remote bass control if possible.

Budget: $800-1000 for sub, amp, and wiring.

I think my goals are reasonable and attainable. What do you think???

only one sub?? lol...

if you really dont mind sacrificing cargo space, go with 2 15s. Two DC Level 4 15s off a Sundown 2500 or 3k would be nice. But youd probably go a bit over $1k with wiring...

Seeing that you only want 1 sub. you should do an alpine type R. and a alpine m1000 for amp. and where I go for subs wire comes with order. And a Denali has all of that space which means you'll get alot more bass then a car.

Seeing that you only want 1 sub. you should do an alpine type R. and a alpine m1000 for amp. and where I go for subs wire comes with order. And a Denali has all of that space which means you'll get alot more bass then a car.
no.

only one sub?? lol...
if you really dont mind sacrificing cargo space, go with 2 15s. Two DC Level 4 15s off a Sundown 2500 or 3k would be nice. But youd probably go a bit over $1k with wiring...
Any online vendors/dealers you could recommend for DC and Sundown? I will check with my box builder to see what we can come up with for a 7-8 cu.ft. box.

tc sounds lms-r 15" or fi q 15", and then some amp that fits the sub and is a good brand. shok wiring off ssa. that should be around 800 bucks and do what you want. super clear bass that's not boomy and adds to the music, but also gets down as low as any song will go.

through it in 3.75 cubes tuned at 28hz

only one sub?? lol...
That will probably put him well over a 1000 in just the subs and amp even used! Not to mention wiring and the electrical upgrades to run 2500-3000 watts...

what exactly are you looking for?

you can get dome excellent equipment with that budget..

soundstream 1.1000 runs about 500 and a single fi q 15 with cooling and build you a transmission line..

Please explain how this works...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Because there is more cabin space to pressurize, so it gives the sub more notes to build pressure before it gets to your ears?

Actually he's got some sound thinking. I mean, it completely ignores the laws of physics that cars get louder once you roll down a window or open a door (effectively adding tons of area to pressurize.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.