Looking for a sub(s) to replace my blown 8" in my 2006 Audi A4.

Participant count
  • Participant list

xSX450
10+ year member

Hey guys I am looking for a sub to run in my new Audi A4. The stock sub has blown so i am looking to do a bit of a custom job on installing a new one.

i have been out of the CA realm for a while so i am just looking for a little advice on a quality sub without breaking the bank. Im not looking for SPL, i really want SQ but louder would be nice...

I want to mount the sub in the same place (beneath the window) Open Air into the trunk... Please let me know what you guys think. I want to do this to reduce trunk rattle.

I am really looking for One 8" sub and have been looking at the SA-8. please let me know which sub/amp combo you guys recommend. and if the open air into the trunk is a good idea.

thanks

which box? send me pics, and how much

fenech.adam@gmail.com

What do you guys think about the open air sub? it kind of uses the trunk as a box (a huge one) the only reason i am thinking it will work good is because the 8 in bose sub in my acura tl is open air into the trunk and it sounds amazing. not loud but very nice sounding.

thanks

which box? send me pics, and how much
fenech.adam@gmail.com

What do you guys think about the open air sub? it kind of uses the trunk as a box (a huge one) the only reason i am thinking it will work good is because the 8 in bose sub in my acura tl is open air into the trunk and it sounds amazing. not loud but very nice sounding.

thanks
just e-mailed you about mine with pics

What you're explaining sounds like an Infinite Baffle subwoofer -- that may change some decisions on subs.
Anyone care to chime in?

I am thinking the 8 because there is already room for it (with some custom fabrication). I however do not know the theory on open air. Only that the stock one in my acura sounds clean. Can someone explain? would it be better to build and enclosure around the back of the sub there?

who has done these types of installs thanks

also the SA-8 seems like a powerful sub from the youtubes ive seen. does it sound good?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.