Subwoofer Reissue

slimgutta225

US
I have three kicker 10cvx15 d4 that have blown out voice coils. Is there anybody out there who could repair then for a reasonable price? I'm upgrading to sundown x15s but I just didn't want to throw the kickers away. Can anybody help?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Not worth fixing... TOSS IT.. Not sure if u can even recone one but if you could find someone like splaudio, etc it would cost more than buying a new one... They will make nice paper weights or use to magnetize tools and such...

Thanks bro. I've heard that before and the price to fix them were ridiculous. Just figured by now should be cheaper

Thanks bro. I've heard that before and the price to fix them were ridiculous. Just figured by now should be cheaper
Parts are expensive. I'd bet you're out the cost of just buying them used by the time you managed to grab parts to fit. Then if you have to ship them out, pay someone to do it, then ship them back you're really into them for far too much.

Well I'm going to hold on to them. Maybe in few a years lol they'll be more reasonable. I spent too much to just throw them away. I'd rather look at them broke lol. I'm going sundown today

Well I'm going to hold on to them. Maybe in few a years lol they'll be more reasonable. I spent too much to just throw them away. I'd rather look at them broke lol. I'm going sundown today
Use them to hold tools or screws in the garage like this

IMG_20150829_201406_540_zpsyyoohxui.jpg

Springfield Speaker repair should have all the parts to re coil them, I reconditioned a L7 12 for about $70. Paid $9 for the doorstop, just wanted to see if I could bring it back to life.

Thanks bro. Just sent them a message. If it's cheap enough I'll fix them and sell them. I'm going sundown either way

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.