Subwoofer recommendations - 500watts RMS

LordX
10+ year member

I have a Rockford Fosgate Power 1000a2 amp. This amp easily puts out 1000 watts RMS or more. I think in the manual it shows 1400watts @ 14.1 volts.

Anyway, I am looking to get new subs since I am moving my audio system to another vehicle.

I am going to be putting these subs into a Sealed enclosure to help save room in the trunk. (One that I will want custom built for whichever subs I get)

I am looking for Two 12" subs that would handle 500watts rms.

Dual voice coils as well.

Sound Quality is important, and so is volume. I dont mind paying a little extra for a quality sub.

It has been 10 years since I have been in the game, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My old subs are: Two Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2's. The reason I am replacing them is that one seems to be going down hill a little bit, and who knows when the other will follow suit. I cant complain with them though... 10 years of pounding them isn't bad.

Hmmm a couple RE Se'x would fit nicely. http://reaudio.com/specs.html#sp_sex

Or a couple of SSD's from Fi

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154a806ef3093e8/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0040_SSD/product_overview.shopscript

Just make sure you pick up dual 2ohm subs. I believe that amp produces max power @ 2ohms. Not 100% sure though. Been a while since I've seen one.

I believe the birth sheets usually says max power with both channels driven @ 2ohm.....so its 2ohm stereo and 4ohm mono.

The 1000a1 my stepfather uses. It is 1000Wrms @ 2ohm

I believe the birth sheets usually says max power with both channels driven @ 2ohm.....so its 2ohm stereo and 4ohm mono.

The 1000a1 by stepfather uses and it is 1000Wrms @ 2ohm
In that case, Two DVC 4ohm subs would pair up with that amp.

Right on, sorry...forgot the mention that.

btw

The chick in your ava is hawwwwwt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif

Dual Voice coils @ 4 ohm because I would then wire the coils in parallel making the sub 2 ohm? I believe that is the way the old Rockfords are wired.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will take a look at the links!

Someone I know suggested IDQ V3 subs.. what are the thoughts on those?

Dual Voice coils @ 4 ohm because I would then wire the coils in parallel making the sub 2 ohm? I believe that is the way the old Rockfords are wired.

That is correct. You would wire each sub in parallel @ 2ohms on each channel.

The SEX subs look to be closer to the RMS output of my amp (600 watts as compared to the 800 rms from the SSD)

On the SEX subs, it says: Sizes: 10", 12", and 15" (Dual 2/4 ohm)

Am I right that this means the subs are dual voice coil, and I can choose for the DVCs to be at 2 or 4 ohm?

buy my vegas! there are awesome subs! and can take the power u have! they get down!

60+shipping each for them!

they are 12" 4ohm dvc subs

The IDQ V3 are very nice subs. I have one in my girls car on a Memphis 500D that sounds great in a sealed .8 box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.