Subwoofer recommendation

Unclespacey

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello to all. I’ve been driving a g37 sedan with the Bose system for about 3 years and it’s time to add some slap. I’ve been around car audio for a long time, I’ve installed several complete setups, I don’t need help with wiring or anything like that.

I’ve got a decent amp, NVX 1700 watt 1 channel, so I should have enough power for just about any 12 inch sub (obviously not literally any 12 inch sub).

The only thing I have left to do is pick a subwoofer. I’ve had kicker comp 12’s, cvr 12’s, Memphis pr12’s, and alpine type s 12’s in the past and from what I can remember the alpines hit the hardest and lowest of all; it was the last system I had but sold it all when I traded for my G37.

I’m looking for the best sub in the $200 range, I was looking at the kicker cvx12 at $159.99. But if there’s better for similar price, that’s why I’m here. A lot of seasoned audio guys bash on kicker but the 750wrms cvx12 looks legit, especially for the price.

I listen to mostly rap like Gucci mane and a lot of other street rappers you’ve probably never heard of as well as drake and other R&B. I need the lows to be deep and robust, I want to feel the lowest low bass note. I’ve generally used sealed boxes in the past over ported. In my personal experience I have never liked the sound of a ported box setup. Especially a single subwoofer setup. I don’t want the mid lows and higher bass notes to slam super hard, but I want the lowest lows to be easily caught with no distortion.

Sorry for the length but I wanted to be as thorough as possible. So help me out guys. Throw me some sub recommendations, any manufacturer, and if one of you has one for sale personally, we might be able to do some business. Thank you guys in advance.

The box is the most important part of the equation with how you want it to sound. That being said, with impedance rise on that amp you're in the market for a sub in the 750-1000w rms neighborhood, there are tons to choose from.

Check out DD Audio, Sundown, Resilient Sounds, SSA, Incriminator Audio.

Dyno results On that amp impressive. Get an xfl 1222 for $180 and commit
Some dough to getting a great ported enclosure and ensuring your electrical is up to par

Just looked that sub up on eBay and wow that thing looks like a beast. I’ve never heard of the brand, not saying it’s a bad thing either. Another thing I need to add is I want to conserve space in my already small trunk. That particular sub might require a box bigger than what I have to work with. But who knows, I might be able to build a new box to the right specs without taking up too much space.

Just looked that sub up on eBay and wow that thing looks like a beast. I’ve never heard of the brand, not saying it’s a bad thing either. Another thing I need to add is I want to conserve space in my already small trunk. That particular sub might require a box bigger than what I have to work with. But who knows, I might be able to build a new box to the right specs without taking up too much space.
Any 12 that goes 750-1000rms is gonna likely take 2.0-2.5 cubes. You can go to a single 10” (same model for example and go 1.25-1.5 cubes). Enclosure is going to be king.

After browsing for a while, I see 2 subs that have caught my interest.

American Bass TNT 12
Incriminator I series

More research has made me reconsider a 1000W rms woofer and instead stick with 600-800w rms. As I mentioned I prefer the sound of a sealed enclosure and I think maybe 1.0-1.25 cubic feet will suit these 2 subs. Any other recommendations or opinions on these 2 subs, keep it coming.

Ps, the amp was a gift and is almost new, I know it is a lot of power for one 12 inch sub in the 600-800 rms range but I have plenty of power for later on down the road if I decide to add another sub or a bigger one. Just want something to make the lows shake in the meantime.

what about the xd series? Compared to the Incriminator I series?
TNT’s are solid, not a waste of money. Bummer is They only come in dual 4ohm so you’d need two. You can get two for $204 (strong value), could fit two Of them in 2.5 cubes (same cubes needed for one 12 xfl) and they’ll boogie on that nvx. This will be more output than a single 12 unless you did some gnarly large ho ported enclosure. Xfl’s in general Bang but are going to require more power per sub to really get to boogie (1000 watts minimum each and likely more)

xd’s are probably more like those incriminator. I’d do tnt’s over xd’s for the power you have.

TNT’s are solid, not a waste of money. Bummer is They only come in dual 4ohm so you’d need two. You can get two for $204 (strong value), could fit two Of them in 2.5 cubes (same cubes needed for one 12 xfl) and they’ll boogie on that nvx. This will be more output than a single 12 unless you did some gnarly large ho ported enclosure. Xfl’s in general Bang but are going to require more power per sub to really get to boogie (1000 watts minimum each and likely more)

xd’s are probably more like those incriminator. I’d do tnt’s over xd’s for the power you have.
With dual 4 ohm I could wire to 2ohm and have plenty of power to spare, right? I don’t have room for two 12’s unfortunately. I originally wanted a single 15 but after checking the dimensions of my trunk and the enclosure, I’d have to do some cutting which I don’t want to do. From my experience, 15 inch woofers pick up the lows with ease without being too loud in the higher bass notes. Looking for the best 12 inch sub under $200 that meets that criteria. SQ over SPL for me. Any others you would recommend? I might pull the trigger on the xd 12 I’ve seen plenty of good reviews and it’s only $99 at a few online stores.

Hello to all. I’ve been driving a g37 sedan with the Bose system for about 3 years and it’s time to add some slap. I’ve been around car audio for a long time, I’ve installed several complete setups, I don’t need help with wiring or anything like that.

I’ve got a decent amp, NVX 1700 watt 1 channel, so I should have enough power for just about any 12 inch sub (obviously not literally any 12 inch sub).

The only thing I have left to do is pick a subwoofer. I’ve had kicker comp 12’s, cvr 12’s, Memphis pr12’s, and alpine type s 12’s in the past and from what I can remember the alpines hit the hardest and lowest of all; it was the last system I had but sold it all when I traded for my G37.

I’m looking for the best sub in the $200 range, I was looking at the kicker cvx12 at $159.99. But if there’s better for similar price, that’s why I’m here. A lot of seasoned audio guys bash on kicker but the 750wrms cvx12 looks legit, especially for the price.

I listen to mostly rap like Gucci mane and a lot of other street rappers you’ve probably never heard of as well as drake and other R&B. I need the lows to be deep and robust, I want to feel the lowest low bass note. I’ve generally used sealed boxes in the past over ported. In my personal experience I have never liked the sound of a ported box setup. Especially a single subwoofer setup. I don’t want the mid lows and higher bass notes to slam super hard, but I want the lowest lows to be easily caught with no distortion.

Sorry for the length but I wanted to be as thorough as possible. So help me out guys. Throw me some sub recommendations, any manufacturer, and if one of you has one for sale personally, we might be able to do some business. Thank you guys in advance.
Judging from the brands you used, you probably never had a real ported box all premade **** thats why you had **** results. Get one made from someone who knows what they are doing and has a track record of competition builds that get loud, digs low and sounds good. A single American bass xfl 12 would do well

American bass xd’s are not sq they’re just lower power handling spl woofers. The xr12d2 would be their sq oriented woofer. Calls for approximately same power as an xfl. Your nvx amp would be good. Xr12 Also asks for 2.0-2.25 cubes

Enclosure is king. If you skimp on a small
box that’s not made for the sub, power, and your car environment your output is gong to result in disappointment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.