Subwoofer recommendation for SQ

Participant count
  • Participant list

onion21

Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 15"

Budget: ~$600

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): RF Prime 1200.1 (1200@1ohm, 800@2ohm)

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): 5ft^3 (Trunk of a challenger)

Goals: Sound Quality

Listening habits: Rock/Rap/EDM lots of bass, but clean

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: Sundown U series, DC Level 4, Fi SSD, Fi NeO SSD, Skar VXF, Rockford Fosgate T1

Hey guys,

Getting a system in the hellcat soon and want some quality bass, but still want it loud. I've heard tons of good things about SA but the local shop here that will be installing everything and building the box said they aren't very good for SQ, and suggested the Fosgate T1. I'd rather not spend $700 on a sub with pretty bad reviews online, so I've been researching and came up with the options above.

This will be going in a sealed box and have plenty of room for any of the above subs. I don't want it to be too over the top either, just clean loud bass.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

I never trust what any idiot at a car stereo shop says, they will tell you any brand they don’t carry is **** and the brands they are pushing in you are top notch.
T1 might be good or bad no idea but saying a sundown is bad sq seems suspect. Let me guess he has t1”s in stock and wants you to buy them?
Stereo shop guys remind me of the geek squad from Best Buy trying to fix your pc.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing but the dude definitely sounded like he knew a thing or 2.

He kept talking about how the T1’s spiders flex more allowing it to go back in a lot farther than stiffer spiders liken on the SA, not sure how much difference it would actually make but it made sense.

Plus he’s been in the game about 25 years so 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also after some more reading it looks like the Fi Q would be a better option than the Fi SSD for what I’m wanting, even though it’d be underpowered by about ~500w.
Anyone heard these in a sealed box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.