Subwoofer problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

GenesisCoupe

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I'm having a problem with my head unit and subwoofer. I just recently installed my subwoofer that has a built in amp with it. My head unit is a Pioneer DMH-1500NEX.
For some reason when I adjust the crossover (frequencies) on the rear speakers, it's adjusting the subwoofer too. While I'm on the rear speaker frequencies and adjusting them, I can make the subwoofer very loud but the rear speakers bass is too much and causes distortion. When I go to the subwoofer settings and adjust the frequencies it doesn't do anything. Need help.

Does your car have a factory amplified system where the amplifier isn't part of the radio?

How is your radio sending signal to your amp? RCA's from radio or line converter off speaker wires?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Yes, I have a difference, but my difference is HUGE. The difference can be so big, as if I had a sound system in about 150-200 dolars (with wires...
Pick it off the floor while playing. If rattle goes away then it is fine. If not, bad sub.
Storage is actually pretty big ( but not big enough for an enclosure that's mounted on the door because it closes in an angle believe it or not...
dragon.breath, Many thanks for taking the time to help me out. It is very much appreciated and my small brain can understand it now. I have...
To do this magic, should the microphone always be kept in the driver's seat or on the dashboard?...since that is where it must go in phase with...

About this thread

GenesisCoupe

CarAudio.com Newbie
GenesisCoupe
Lakeside
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from