Subwoofer problem

Objektiv
10+ year member

So i just got a pair of aq hdc3's. I hooked them up and noticed when sub sounds like complete ****, and when i push down on the cone, it scratches. The other sub is fine. It plays ,gets loud, and reads on the ohm meter, just can hear the scratching when it plays, like a terrible rattle. Any ideas?

i figured in recone was in order, maybe ill get a brand new one, and save this one for recone later, good reason to run 3 at a later time

ok so i got the sub out the box and played it, and it seems like the noise is comin from the spider having a small gap where it connects near the cone, you can tell it was previously glued and it looks like some excess glue and part of the spider has loosened up and rubbing against the cone , any kind of glue i could use to seal it back in place at least for a temporary fix?

ok so i got the sub out the box and played it, and it seems like the noise is comin from the spider having a small gap where it connects near the cone, you can tell it was previously glued and it looks like some excess glue and part of the spider has loosened up and rubbing against the cone , any kind of glue i could use to seal it back in place at least for a temporary fix?
While you've got it out, I was curious if you could take a picture of the issue?

i use amazing goop in the blue tube to hold my triple joint together //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif works good till i strap the AQ's to the 12. i use Qtips to slowly squash it in there

ill try and get the best pic i can, you can tell the spider is all tore up, were the tinsel leads are on one side , i can peal a inch by inch flap of the spider back

i tore the **** out of my top and bottom spider but the goop still held it pretty well,,,,this tip came from thorshammer and i thank him for it:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.