Subwoofer outputs for Pioneer head units?

31337hxr
10+ year member

I got a quick question guys! Are there supposed to be a "subwoofer-output" switch that you're suppose to "enable" in a Pioneer head unit?

I have a Pioneer DEH-P4400 head unit...and OMG there's so much more features inside the manual but when i try to look for the features in my buttons, I can't! Is it because I didn't enable my subwoofer-output or something?

i got my subs connected and it sounds all nice and stuff but how come i don't hjave these features?

thanks!

Most companies have very similair head units that they release all that

include the same manual. Often, the most feature bogged head unit

is the one that has a manual made for it, then the "lower-end" of those

head unit lines are shipped out with that manual.

Hope that made sense! If not, say something and I'll explain it better!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well most manuals for head units are for a few different models. Like a base model and then the "step-up" model, then the next for all that have the same general design. If you look closely in the book it probably says model 001,002 only next to some of those features you can't access.

Well hxr......I have a Pioneer head unit myelf (DEH-P920R) and may have some the same functions........what functions are you trying unlock.????//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well lets see here, it says this on teh front cover page of the manual:

DEH-P4400

DEH-P44

Obviously, mine is DEH-p4400. Isn't that better than DEH-P44 ?

well anyways, CD TEXT DOES NOT WORK when I press "DISP" . Also, i can't adjust the subwoofer output. It says to press AUDIO to select "SUB.W."

sorry, when I pressed "AUDIO" none of the words "SUB.W" came out in the feature. It says the feature allows turning ON or OFF of the SUB.W. Sux, can't find it as a feature.

I would start by holding down the button use to enter the audio menu button.....this may bring you to audio menu 2.....you only have 2 rca preouts so if your subwoofer is set to off then you're sending full range to your subs......once you get that turned on you'll be able to set your settings for low pass and sub level.....with the subwoofer "on" you are changing your rear rca output to "non-fading" so if the option comes up for subwoofer control external or internal you want internal. That is unless your using a different crossover.

The cd-text thing is a little bit confusing. If you burn your own cds your cd burner has to have cd text support, but if you don't burn you own cds the companys have to put it on the cd for you. The only cd I know that has cdtext enabled is OLP - Happiness is not a fish you can catch.

If I am wrong on any of this someone correct me

Any cd can be put into the cd text thing....if a cd has the "cd text" logo it will have the artist, album, and song titles.......on a cd that doesn't have this such as a cdr that you burn on your computer or just a cd that is store bought but the manufacturer decided not to add this feature. There aren't too many out there I don't think. But anyway, you can still add the title of the cd (48 total) on your unit...Then every time you put that cd back in your unit your unit will recognize it and display the name that you added earlier.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I have the same head unit and to turn on the subwoofer feature turn off the head unit by holding the source button. once the unit is off hold the function button until the time starts flashing. I forget if you use the arrows or the func button to scrole through the different settings anyway the subwoofer on and off is in there.

Just as a reminder "hxr" your unit does NOT read cd text. If you get a multi-cd player that has cd text capability you can have it display on your unit. but your unit itself will NOT read cd text.......You have to enter them in manually I'm afraid. (48 disc memory capapcity).

Larry

turn your radio off by holding the source button. then hold the funtion button untill the time starts flashing. then keep pressing function until a display showing FRONT/REAR appears, press either the up, down, right, or left button to change REAR to SUBW. then turn your radio back on and go to the audio menue and the SUB W option will appear, make sure it is on and you can also adjust your bass for the sub on audio to. this will also send your rear speakers, not hooked up to the amp, subwoofer notes also(no mids or highs)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.