Signal Processors - Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mark_ab
5,000+ posts

The Alpha Male
Hey guys, I'm making (or getting ready to, at least) my mainly SQ setups w/ Dolby as well. I was wondering on some EQ/X-Over/etc that would do the job well. I'll be running two sets of components, one for the front stage, one for the rear fill for the 5.1, to be turned off when not watching movies. I was looking at Audio Control stuff since it appears to have a good reputation, and is fairly cheap. I'm on a budget here, but I'd like the best sound for my buck. I was recommended the AC EQX and the ESP2. I was looking around and I found the AudioControl Model 11, that seems to do everything. What about other brand names, such as Image Dynamics etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't typically venture into car video as I am an audio purist and have no desire to go into 5.1 in vehicle, but if I were you I'd consider the audiocontrol EQS, you can take your 5.1 preamp signal and disperse it in that unit and control EVERY channel...

http://www.audiocontrol.com/Manuals/Owners_Manual_EQS.pdf

Is the owners manual- give it a look, it may fit your needs.

As for audiocontrol being relatively inexpensive, yes, they are.... but they are far from cheap (as in quality.)

You purchase one of their products, you are in good hands, they make excellent equipment.

True Audiolife, however, they are good for road trips if you are switching drivers, and also sneaking outside when I'm supposed to be working and catching half of a movie here and there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Thanks for the help jlaine

manufactures just change stuff to make us buy new...no way 5.1 will sound right to music all the super stuff i listened to were no better than mediocre in my book...there are several 5.1 set ups to go with but i love audio control stuff which you were already going into the right direction i just put my 2 cents in about mobile video..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.