subwoofer help

Hi, I am wanting a setup in my car. I am in need of a sub setup (sub,amp and box) for around $200. Dont have much $$ and time so looking for something to start out with. I had subs in highschool and they were in a hatchback, way loud, loved them. I am much older now (20 years!!) so I have a car with trunk, not sure if I need two subs or just one good one.
I know someone who has a used JL audio 12 sub for 50, not sure what model, no amp. I have seen the mtx dual 12's exterminator pkg for around 200 but not sure about them. Also, have looked at rockford p3 powered 12 in sub on amazon for 180, or the jbl 12 powered sub too.. Have not followed car audio for a long time so any advice will be helpful, thanks!
Found it https://eastidaho.craigslist.org/ele/5984304114.html

That's an older model....usually good one. Without lookin' on the back of the sub, it's hard to tell ya model number it is. Might have to email/ask him. 50 is a steal for something like that. Even if it was a lower line.

Some people that are on this type of budget, may look into used items and piece together what you can,or buy powered sub setups..Even a used powered Bazooka might be in your best interest for this type of budget??Ive ran an 8" powered 250 Bazooka in a x-cab work truck and it worked just fine for my needs and saved some space. Be nice to know what vehicle,what HU/radio you have, and what your batt power consist of and what space you are willing to give up.

Hi, I am wanting a setup in my car. I am in need of a sub setup (sub,amp and box) for around $200. Dont have much $$ and time so looking for something to start out with. I had subs in highschool and they were in a hatchback, way loud, loved them. I am much older now (20 years!!) so I have a car with trunk, not sure if I need two subs or just one good one.
I know someone who has a used JL audio 12 sub for 50, not sure what model, no amp. I have seen the mtx dual 12's exterminator pkg for around 200 but not sure about them. Also, have looked at rockford p3 powered 12 in sub on amazon for 180, or the jbl 12 powered sub too.. Have not followed car audio for a long time so any advice will be helpful, thanks!
op read my sig, I got amp 12" 600rms sub and slightly smaller ported box than in sig (1.63 cf ad tuned to 35hz) for $214 sounds really good but all these cheap at or hifonics amp will get hot but the sub is actually pretty good (as loud as my orion hp was on same amp same box and it's not) and pioneer ain't broke in yet... I got sub on ebay $70 box $67 (says 1.75 cf tuned to 33hz) amp on amazon for $77 I think (I added warranty it may've been $69) other guy on here found autotek ma 1500 on ebay for $69 thats 750rms (maybe close anyway) @2ohm perfect for pioneer 3003 champ pro d4 12..

Thanks for all your advice. I will look into ebay and sound qubed. Good stuff to know. The jbl does look pretty good too. Thanks.
I almost bought this infinity it has 5 star ratings rave reviews it's a big box (same size as prefab ported) not some tiny thing and has 3 yr warranty on sub slipstream port box and sub $119 just measure trunk height at lowest point cause it's like 1.5" taller than most, that's really y I didn't get it.. https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8245_Infinity-Reference-1220se-REF1220SE.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.