subwoofer help

dtdave

Hi, I am wanting a setup in my car. I am in need of a sub setup (sub,amp and box) for around $200. Dont have much $$ and time so looking for something to start out with. I had subs in highschool and they were in a hatchback, way loud, loved them. I am much older now (20 years!!) so I have a car with trunk, not sure if I need two subs or just one good one.

I know someone who has a used JL audio 12 sub for 50, not sure what model, no amp. I have seen the mtx dual 12's exterminator pkg for around 200 but not sure about them. Also, have looked at rockford p3 powered 12 in sub on amazon for 180, or the jbl 12 powered sub too.. Have not followed car audio for a long time so any advice will be helpful, thanks!

I just stuck a kicker 10" in my brothers Lexus for under 200. Included everything. Wires amp LOC and sub. He loves it. Sub was used, like new, and the amp was a boss riot series....not great, but works for now. He doesn't listen to loud bumping music. Just wanted something to make up for what the stock system didn't have. The 10 did perfect. Not too over powering for his needs.

I'm just a novice, at best. So take it for what it's worth....

I would look into at the very least a soundqubed Hds2 series 12" or 15" sub and a prefab box. And then maybe find a Hifonics amp to push it. It's going to be more close to $300 though.

Don't get a prefab enclosure. Such a ****** suggestion.
Check out Sundown Audio yardsale going on now at CACO.
I agree sorta. If money is tight it can be temperary. I mean the guy is on a budget. Ideally building one would be best thing to do cost wise. But some people don't have a way. Or just get an X series YO and throw it in there! Heard they can play good without a box. all da frequencies lol

dtdave, I would look on Craigslist. 200 is pretty tight for a single 12 or 15 and an amp on top of that. Something that will get ya by for no....and can and have the option to upgrade later. Mainstream brands unfortunately will have to do for ya.

dtdave, I would look on Craigslist. 200 is pretty tight for a single 12 or 15 and an amp on top of that. Something that will get ya by for no....and can and have the option to upgrade later. Mainstream brands unfortunately will have to do for ya.
And you said my suggestion was Schitty? You like riding this don't ya? Ya man throw all ya money away now to upgrade later! He could at least get a decent entry level sub like the one I suggested, a budget amp now and upgrade a box later. Wonder what is smarter? Either way I already said $200 won't do it. Do you actually add any value around Here? Something to get him by like what on craigslist? You might as well tell him to go to the flea market.

Last edited by a moderator:
And you said my suggestion was Schitty? You like riding this don't ya? Ya man throw all ya money away now to upgrade later! He could at least get a decent entry level sub like the one I suggested, a budget amp now and upgrade a box later. Wonder what is smarter? Either way I already said $200 won't do it. Do you actually add any value around Here? Something to get him by like what on craigslist? You might as well tell him to go to the flea market.
Dude stfu already.

And I did *******.
How about you getting off my *******.
You don't have a sack. More like some meat curtains. Go look at all the post (in all the threads I responded to). its been you passively aggressive toward me because i hurt your Sundown feelings.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have a sack. More like some meat curtains. Go look at all the post. its been you passively aggressive toward me because i hurt your Sundown feelings.
Wrong turdball. Read post #7 .

Remove your newb-*** from this forum.

Wrong turdball. Read post #7 .
Remove your newb-*** from this forum.
That was after the fact. Why didn't you post that to begin with? Because you are FOS. My post count now determine my quality of advice? LMAO. OK Chief I see you been working hard for them post counts. You told the kid to go shop on craigslist. Bye

Edit- Then you add another post below this one about adding posts and ruining a thread. If that isn't the passive aggressive I dindu nuffin game I don't know what is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.