Subwoofer for SQ help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Doc Fluty

I have a 2015 challenger with about 16.3 cu ft of trunk space. I am torn between mounting options. The goal is deep, tight clean bass in the 20-60hz range. Not so much as waking the neighbors, but loud and clean inside.

Im keeping the subs crossovered real low because i want it to blend in with the front stage and i think my Focals can handle it down to 60hz or so to blend it.

I could be wrong, about that.. im not the smartest cat out there lol

I already have a set of focal k2 kxr3 3-way components for my front sound stage powered by a focal 900.6 all active... I also have two focal solid 1 amps that will put 480 rms bridge for the subs. soon will also be adding a helix dsp pro if that helps you with your recommendations.

to my question

I recently liked the idea of an infinite baffle design to maximize trunk space so i considered FI and other IB designed subs. But also really like the look of dual subs mounted in the spare tire well, maybe dual arc audio black series 12s... or lastly, 4 hybrid audio 6.5 subwoofers set up like scott buwalda's infinity g35.

Feel free to chime in with your thoughts about how i can achieve my goal.

U have 16.3 ft3 of space in ur trunk? That's alot of space lol
It really isn't. It's only 25% bigger than my trunk, which is a Saturn SL2 sedan. A 3 cubic ft net rectangular enclosure takes up quite a lot of the usable space. That's why infinite baffle makes sense.

I never done an infinite baffle but I heard they get pretty crazy lol
If done correctly, IB installs can produce some very clean, effortless bass that blends well. It is not the choice if you care about output. Also, you have to really make sure you separate the front wave from the back wave.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.