subwoofer extremely quiet

Participant count
  • Participant list

Curtisphillips

CarAudio.com Newbie
I cannot figure out what i am doing wrong. I purchased a Skar 10" sub and I've tried about 10 amps but can't get a new one to work correctly. The sub works perfectly with any old amp i have, (1990 or older) but every new amp i get, i have to put my ear right up to the sub to hear it faintly come out. I've tried turning up the gain, and when it's all the way up, I can hear the sub from maybe 5 feet away instead of putting my ear up too it lol. I've been testing it on the floor in my house with a 12v car battery. Do new amps need more than 12v or something? The power light comes on and the amp does work, just at about 1%. Does anyone have any input on why the new amps are doing this? So far I've used a Skar, Soundstream, Crunch, Audiopipe, Planet Audio, and some others for amps but they all did the same. The ones that work fine are old Kenwoods, Pioneer, Hifonics, Alpine, Sundown, and Sony. All the ones I have are old school like 90s lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.