Subwoofer Enclosure for 2009 Silverado Crew Cab

aranda

Now I've seen a variety of enclosure for the Crew Cab that go under the rear seat, but are you able to install a subwoofer for 2 10" subwoofers behind the rear seat? The reason I'm asking is because I had a customized subwoofer enclosure made for my 2004 Silverado for 2 10" subwoofer that went perfect behind the rear seat. Thanks in advice for any help!!

Not sure on the newer trucks, but my 99 crew cab has a sliding rear seat which is basically just a front seat in the back. Check to see if the rear seat is on sliders, if it is, it will probably be disabled like mine was and all I did was take 1 anti theft torx screw out and I could slide it forward.

I ended up with a box 57"w 15"t x 8"d at the top and 9"d at the bottom. I did have to remove the the stuff for the jack but all this gave me max room. I have the box set up for 2 12's and max mounting depth of 7.5" lets you use a variety of subs, nothing monster though lol. R/F P2's P3's sound great in there and I have a set of Pioneer champion series pros to go in there now, I wanted more power so this is the reason for the new subs.

My box has a divider in the center and it is a sealed enclosure, yes not the most bass response but it hits hard and sounds nice.

Sorry if this wasnt what you were looking for, but take a good look to see if the seat will slide forward. I think 3 10's would be great aswell.

LOL, that was 1 of my initial idea's for my truck but I decided to keep the thing practical since my kids and friends need somewhere to sit. I may mount a set of 10's under the seat to improve mid bass "and spl #". Subs wedged between wall and seat is not the best bass response imo.

Subs firing up into the seats are not the best for bass response either. Take out the seat, and install a tonneau cover so the kids can ride in the back.
If I put the 10's in they will front fire or very least down fire, lol I wasnt gonna fire them up.

LOL, I really got a laugh outta the kids in the back, that was priceless.

You can probably find something to go behind the rear seat, but there are quite a few enclosures for specific GM pickups. If you want to try something for behind the seat then a universal truck/wedge enclosure should work. However if your looking for a specific enclosure for your make and model to fit under the rear seat then you can check out Welcome to Atrend Usa they have a bunch of enclosures for GM pickups. I'm pretty sure they have the universal truck enclosures too. In either case I'm sure your aware of the fact the you have limited space to work with which means less airspace for any enclosure you use. Usually the lack of airspace and mounting depth available in these types of applications limits which subs you can use. In my experience regardless of brand name only entry level subs qualify giving you a decent sound quality at best, unless you you go with a shallow mount sub. Shallow mounts usually run a bit expensive but they are totally worth it in this type of application.

Ok im not sure if you have the truck you speak of, but i have the GMC-new model-crew cab and im sure u know how they are similar. but there is absolutley no room behind the seats for those subwoofers. Im planning of getting a single 15 to take up one of the sets in the back and save 5 altogether for sitting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.